News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Roleplaying and Session Summaries

Liquid Wolf

• 3 weeks later...

First Session Summary

Following the dwarf, our adventurers proceeded into the tavern to plan, discuss, and drink. The tavern was crowded with patrons and waitresses... apparently the Rusty Luck Tavern was a popular (or perhaps the only) place for local farmers and village folk. As our party discussed the situation amongst themselves, a shaken and frayed woman burst into the tavern. Wild-eyed and pale, she immediately turned to the adventurers with recognition in her eyes.

"Help me! You have to help us all!", she cried. She ran from one party member to the next speaking, barely managing to put her words into complete sentences. ?A terrible power has returned to the Trollhaunt Warrens, near the town of Moonstair,? she explained. ?This power takes the form of a troll king and a cauldron of solid stone. What?s more, this troll king cannot die. Only you can kill the thing that cannot die. Only you!?

A few of the party members attempted to calm her down, but the seer pulled herself against the wall of the tavern. She turned to Beorn, knelt on her knees and grabbed his armor with both hands. "But what is worse is what set him free! An evil from the Feywild has released that which has been trapped for centuries, and this evil is more dangerous to all the realms than even the troll king! You are the only one who has a chance to stop this evil, this Mistress of the Feywild."

At that moment, a Dragonborn entered the tavern, stopped by Tagon and Raven. The Dragonborn glared down at the two in his way before asking, "Where is she?! I know she is here!" Tagon attempted to fool the Dragonborn but he spotted her in the corner whispering to Beorn.

Pulling out his weapon he shouted, "She's in here! Hurry, the rest of you!" Four more Dragonborn entered the tavern, and a dark voice could be heard from the back room.

"Kill them all, let no one leave here alive!"

The seer wailed loudly and got behind our heroes as they charged in for battle.

The Dragonborn slaughtered a few of the innocent patrons around the tavern at their dark masters command. The fight was tough and our heroes were sorely pressed, but as the Dragonborn began to fall Tagon leaped into the back room to go after their master.

As he charged through the back door he was greeted with a shocking sight... Liaden!

869_12_09_09_7_57_33.jpg

Darkness surrounded him, and he looked as if something had drained him, but it was definitely him.

"Well hello, friend.", he said with a smirk. "I wasn't expecting you all to be here, and I really don't have time for you right now." Liaden lept back into the darkness, and soon appeared beside the seer. The seer screamed out in fear as Liaden placed his hand on her head. As the last Dragonborn fell, Beorn saw what was happening and jumped at Liaden.

A brilliant flash of light threw the seer, Liaden, and Beorn apart. Angry, Liaden stood and shouted, "I don't have time for this! But it doesn't matter... you can't stop this now. Moonstair will burn... then so will the rest of this realm!" In a burst of shadow that faded all the light in the room, Liaden vanished and a soft whisper could be heard:

"Now... I have a few loose ends to tie up at home..."

Attendees

Tagon the Rogue

Raven the Swordmage

Kelimbor the Warlock

Beorn the Fighter

XP Gained

625 per person

Gold Gained

100 per person

• 2 weeks later...

Second Session Summary

Following the events at the Rusty-Luck Tavern, our party set off towards the Barony of Therund. Following the instructions of the Seer, Beorn went off on his own and left the party. The owner of the Rusty-Luck Tavern gave the party a package to deliver to a relative of his in Moonstair. At the party's hesitation, he showed them it was just dried food and some trinkets of sentimental value.

The party journeyed forth and eventually encountered the Trade Road. Following it north, they soon crested a hill and heard a earsplitting scream. In front of them was a group of trolls fighting over parts of a horse and further back they found a messenger thrown on the ground.

The party immediately engaged, taking the trolls by surprise. Dumb, and not being well led, the trolls were beaten down by the adventurers. Baentir the Warlord and Conmael the Paladin valiantly held off the attacks from the trolls while the party made short work of them. As the trolls fell, the party made sure to use acid and fire to keep them down.

Once all the trolls were taken care of, they saw to the messenger who seemed beaten a frightened, but in a furious rush to deliver his message. Pleading with the adventurers to help him take a shortcut, proceeded to gather up what belongings were strewn around and made his way into the reaches of the swamp.

The adventurers, eager to help out, followed the messenger into the swamp.

As they trekked through the foul swamp, they noticed the messenger was getting more nervous and excited... Upon entering a small clearing the messenger seemed to hesitate and encouraged the adventurers to examine the area. "I heard something... please, don't let it get me..." he said in a strained whisper...

Irritated at the attitude and actions of the messenger so far, Conmael the Paladin grabbed him and demanded to be told what was going on. The stress was too much for the "messenger" and his disguise fell away to reveal an large Onimage!

869_26_09_09_5_04_31.JPG

"You fools! You may have killed my trolls, but I will destroy you and let the swamp consume your corpses!"

The party was thrown back in surprise and suddenly other monstrosities appeared from the swamp to join in devouring our adventurers.

Our party stood strong, however, and quickly dispatched the Onimage. Tagon the rogue and Sylly the witch dealt heavy blows to the Bog Hags that hoped to take advantage of our heros' plight, while Baentir and Conmael held off the Crushgrip Constrictors.

Our party, successfully handling the ambush, found a message meant for the Baron of Therund that the Onimage had taken off the corpse of the original messenger, a young man named Perrol.

869_26_09_09_5_15_02.PNG

Our party continued back to Moonstair, message in hand, and a single idea: If trolls were attacking people on the main-road, in groups, what could Moonstair possibly be facing?

Attendees

Tagon the Rogue

Baentir the Warlord

Kelimbor the Warlock

Sylly the Witch

Conmael the Paladin

XP Gained

1220 per person

Gold Gained

56 per person