News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Remaining Loot

Liquid Wolf

These items are the remaining treasure waiting to be divided up or sold at the end of our Adventure:

+ 3 Darkleaf Armor

869_03_05_10_6_25_05.JPG

Eladrin Ring of Passage

869_03_05_10_6_26_07.JPG

Life Force Amulet

869_03_05_10_6_27_05.JPG

+3 Lightning Mace

869_03_05_10_6_27_49.JPG

+3 Mordant (he of questionable parentage) Sword

869_03_05_10_6_29_25.JPG

+3 Amulet of Double Fortune

869_03_05_10_6_47_12.JPG

+4 WyrmScale Armor

Blackwind looks at all the stuff laying on the ground and observes how no-one is paying any attention. Momentarily considering "Pulling a Tagon" and absconding with it all, Blackwind speaks up announcing that the Life Force amulet would do wonders for his resists and he believes it can only be used on party members other than himself. Also seeing as he seems to be the only person in the group that uses scale armor the wyrmscale would be an increase for him in protection but he is somewhat unwilling to give up an item that can heal him (dwarven armor). (insert brilliant knowledge of magic item creation rules here =-P)

The Amulet of Double Fortune and the Life Force Amulet are the only two items I can really use out the list.  I can't wear any of the armor or wield any of the weapons. Anyone can use the Eladrin ring, but I already have a teleportation power so it doesn't add anything to my abilities.

This is just a suggestion, but it seems to me that it would be more efficient for the front line characters, who rely more heavily on AC and melee attacks to take the weapons and armor (assuming they are better than what is already possessed), and the squishier folks who rely more on Fort, Ref and Will to take the defense buffs.

As the equipment sits on the table in front of everyone, an inquisitive human child comes up and attempts to lift the mace. He finds it too heavy and as the head of the mace hits the ground it releases a blast of electricity which sends the kid flying. "Whoa... that was amazing!" he coughs as he picks himself up. "I should get one!"

The child grins wide as he attempts to drag the mace back up onto the table... electrical sparks sputtering out as it scrapes the ground and wood.

The child's eyes change... and he develops a cold, calculating look. "SO... I know someone... a friend... who is a collector of fine objects such as these. He might be willing to take these off your hands right now. He could even give you mortals good value for them too..."

He stares at the gathered party members, waiting for a response.

Kelimbor leans over to Blackwind and whispers, "Let's ascertain whether anyone in the group wants these items before we agree to sell them, but let's see if we can find out who this creature is working for."

Turning to the child, "Who might your friend be?  And, while we're on the topic of identities, who might you be?"

Weapons and armor I be good on.  The ring would be a nice twist to add to my arsenal.  The amulet of good Fortune would come in handy since I tend to whack a lot of high damage strikes.

Glances at the little child, "I'd suggest that your master come see us himself if he has such an interest in our trinkets.  Maybe we can barter a trade for something he may have of value to us for some of these spoils of war."

The child appears to blush slightly, realizing he might have crossed a line.

He looks at his feet, nods a few times, as if answering to someone, and sighs before responding, "I did not mean to offend or worry... My friend is merely not the sort to come too close to mortals... as many have a tendency to try to kill him."

He pauses slightly before continuing, "You see, he is a bronze dragon named Cn'iral. He isn't a bad dragon... he has looked after me for over a hundred years since the black dragon Gloomfang killed my family. Word that you had beaten Gloomfang reached Cn'iral and he sent me to see if you had obtain a special sword from his treasure trove."

The innkeeper runs out of the room excitedly, and you catch a few words of "... gotta confirm it...".

The child points at the Mordant (he of questionable parentage) Sword on the table. "Cn'iral tells me this is the one and that though he wants it for his own purposes, he wants me to tell you that Gloomfang is also connected to the weapon and could come looking for it at some point in the future."

He pauses a bit, looking at the weapon, "This isn't the first time adventurers have taken this weapon from Gloomfang... the black dragon uses his connection with the weapon to track down adventurers that have bested him, and take revenge when they least expect it."

The child looks at everyone in the room and you see his eyes appear more like a dragon than a human. "Adventurers have proven very useful to my friend in the past, and it bothers him whenever a worthy bunch of heroes is killed by Gloomfang when their backs are turned. Cn'iral is willing to take it off your hands and give you something else in exchange. Gold for the value of the weapon, or another item from his horde... or even imbue an item of yours with magical properties."

He smiles childishly, and his face returns to normal... as if he really was 10 years old and not over 100.

"Before I can show you what I have to trade, you have to agree to give the sword away regardless. You'll at least get the gold should you not like anything else, but Cn'iral must have that weapon.", the child says. He walks over to an empty table and clears some room before saying, "So, do you agree?"

Kelimbor also takes a seat at the table and says to the visitor, "Cn'iral must have the weapon?  As the weapon is currently in our possession, am I to take that as a threat if we don't agree?  Will you simply walk away should we decline your offer or do you intend to take it by force...or, more accurately stated, try to take it by force?"

The child rummages about his clothing as he says, "It would be unfortunate if Cn'iral had to take the weapon by force... but do know he has fought adventurers such as yourself before. Some have even slain him but much like Gloomfang death... is not permanent. Ah, here it is..." The child pulls out a seemingly empty pouch and with a jerk of his wrists he opens it.

He waves his hand over it once, roughly saying "Nif ini sia geou!"

Sacks begin to fall out of the pouch... sacks far too big, and in too great a number to fit into the pouch in the child's hand without the aid of magic. As the first one hits the table, the chord holding it shut pops open and it falls over spilling gold coins. "Thankfully, I know we can come to an agreement that benefits us all." the child smiles.

By your estimate, there is over 40,000 gold pieces in the sacks on the table.

The child moves over and taps the bottom of the bag as he seems to try to empty something else out of it.

Three crystals the size of your hand fall out of the bag. Purple, Green, and Red... a mist seems to float in them. "Cn'iral has captured the enchantments of three magical armors and placed them in these crystals."

The child holds up the red crystal, "This will change your armor and will enable you to protect and heal your allies." (15)

869_14_05_10_10_08_58.JPG

He picks up the green crystal, "This one will allow your armor to turn a foe's attack into beneficial energy for yourself."(14)

869_14_05_10_10_09_21.JPG

He lifts the purple crystal, "This one will make your armor reduce the effect of a weapon for a time."(14)

869_14_05_10_10_09_48.JPG

The child looks at the group, "You can have the gold, or your pick of two of the crystals in exchange for the sword."

Kelimbor looks at the child with surprise, "I thought you said you came here to deal fairly for the blade.  You know the size of our party.  You know the dangers we have faced.  You know the enemies we have defeated.  You also know the value of the blade and what it would mean to your 'friend' to possess it.  Yet you mock us by showing us coins and magic gems and then telling us that we can only have a portion of what would be a fair price.  What you have laid out before us may very well be sufficient to convince us to part with the blade, however, why do you not just make your fair offer, rather than haggle like a common street vendor?"

Kelimbor leans forward and speaks softly, "please, remember that you came to us.  At least show us enough respect to offer us what you brought to trade.  My associates and I can discuss your proposal to trade the blade for the gold and three jewels, but we will not be 'handled' like a rogue's mark."

Kelimbor leans back and waits for a response.

Kelimbor looks at the child with surprise, "I thought you said you came here to deal fairly for the blade.  You know the size of our party.  You know the dangers we have faced.  You know the enemies we have defeated.  You also know the value of the blade and what it would mean to your 'friend' to possess it.  Yet you mock us by showing us coins and magic gems and then telling us that we can only have a portion of what would be a fair price.  What you have laid out before us may very well be sufficient to convince us to part with the blade, however, why do you not just make your fair offer, rather than haggle like a common street vendor?"

Kelimbor leans forward and speaks softly, "please, remember that you came to us.  At least show us enough respect to offer us what you brought to trade.  My associates and I can discuss your proposal to trade the blade for the gold and three jewels, but we will not be 'handled' like a rogue's mark."

Kelimbor leans back and waits for a response.

Blackwind mutters some reference to a wizard who doesn't know when he's being offed more than twice what an item is worth.

(rolled 19 on a skill check for diplomacy Delmar. Total of 28)

The child sighs as any child would when a grownup chastises them. "Fine..."

He then proceeds to tap the pouch some more, spilling two more crystals (red and purple), a few more bags of gold, a rabbit, and a garden gnome on to the table. The garden gnome quickly scampers off to hide somewhere and the rabbit moves to nibble on some carrots at the far corner of the table. The child holds the pouch up to his left eye and peers inside, then proceeds to shove his entire arm inside the tiny pouch. Finding nothing, he throws the pouch on top of the rest of the items on the table.

He points at the rabbit with his index finger and says, "I'm fairly certain it's magical, but I've forgotten what it does exactly... It might fly."

(Click Here for Flying Rabbit)

In total you seem to find 50,000 Gold, the 5 gems(2xRed,2xPurple,1xGreen), the nifty bag he used to hold it all... and the rabbit.

Blackwind speaks to the child in draconic and the child responds back in the same language.

Kelimbor smiles at the child and says, "thank you for your manners.  My associates and I will now discover your kind offer.  Please give us a few moments."

Kelimbor then asks the group to move with him out of hearing of the child and asks, "are we agreed as to trading the sword at this point?"

I'd suggest yes with a stern warning that if we hear word that the sword is being used for naught, we shall have to resolve the issue forcefully.

I'd suggest yes with a stern warning that if we hear word that the sword is being used for naught, we shall have to resolve the issue forcefully.

That was in essence the matter I was putting to the "child", and for that matter if you want to be out of earshot I suggest we head much further away than what you think is sufficient. Blackwind smirks.

We appear to be agreed that we will trade.  If so, we can tell the child the deal is done.

So here's what we have to divide:

50,000 Gold: I suggest we split the gold evenly between everyone who played (Zen, Soland, Baentir, Tagon, Kelimbor - did I leave anyone out?)

5 gems(2xRed,2xPurple,1xGreen)

the nifty bag he used to hold it all: Liquid, any stats on the bag (is it a bag of holding?)

the flying rabbit

+ 3 Darkleaf Armor

Eladrin Ring of Passage

Life Force Amulet

+3 Lightning Mace

+3 Amulet of Double Fortune

+4 WyrmScale Armor

I suggest we do one of the following to divide the loot:

1. all post our first and second choices of what we want.  If an item is chosen as a first choice by more than one person, we can jump on maptool and roll for it and the highest roll gets it.

2. jump on maptool and roll a d20 each to determine the order in which we choose.  Then we just go down the order with each person picking one item that they want.

In case we choose option 1, my first choice would be the life force amulet.  My second choice would be the amulet of double fortune.

The only two items that I have any interest in are the Eladrin Ring of Passage (Teleporting Warlord could be interesting) and one of the purple crystals. 

I begin to think that Delmar's idea of getting onto Vent/maptool to hash this out may be the best way...  I have a few questions about what I can see other people using as far as gear (IE is anyone else actually using scale armor or who has neck items already).  Also let me state (instead of hinting this time) that *any* magic using class that can use rituals can enchant items up to their character level if they have the ritual and someone has the cash. (player's handbook pg 304 Enchant Magical Item)

If someone wants to schedule a time before this Saturday's start of the new campaign, I'm game.  I'm most available after 8-9PM Eastern (work til between 5-6 each night) except Friday (first stage of our relocation will be working a late night, so don't expect to be available til midnight).

OOC:

Sorry all, I got a little turned around these last few weeks.

The sack is a modified bag of holding... an experiment gone wrong, or a added bonus?

It is exactly the same as a bag of holding, but it must be fully emptied before anything can be added to the bag once it has been closed. The bonus is, unlike a bag of holding, living things do not suffocate under 10 minutes.... but in fact enter a type of stasis, and upon exiting the bag, believe nearly no time has passed.

Items that are too big for the bag appear to shrink as they get pushed into the opening... or the opening seems to widen to accommodate the size of the object... you can't really tell.

The bag is resistant to being torn by hand or even blade, but you feel less inclined to toss it into a fire... as you are quite certain the magics of the bag are unstable and likely to release in a violent (read: explosive) fashion if left to burn for too long. Whatever was in the bag during said explosion is likely to only make it worse.

(I'm thinking a reduced version of mass=energy)

It take a standard action to empty the bag if it it is half full or less. (GM discretion - I'd say 20 * 40 pounds / 2 or 175 cubic ft /2)

A full turn to empty the bag if it is larger than that.

But as always I'll defer to the current GM on specifics for that game.

I'm still rushing around trying to get my characters ready :)