•  

Important Announcement!

Founders Week; Begins Thursday, March 27

Go say hi to the new family members from The Empyrean Order in the Pathfinder Forum!

Close Open
Close Open
Photo
- - - - -

Trying to decide -need some help-

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 vultar

vultar
  • CotP Paladin
  • 3689 posts
  • LocationUSA WA State
  • Active Game:Darkfall NA

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:28 AM

Hey all, I'm currently in my decision process of what to play as my MAIN MMO! I'm only looking for feedback from those who still enjoy this game.

1) What is going on in darkfall these days that's exciting?
  2) Why should I play Darkfall today compared to before?
  3) Is there any REAL changes coming to this game that will bring many people back that used to play it?
  4) How much fun are people having in this game on a daily basis?
  5) Why darkfall and not another MMO that's on our Forums?
  6) Is Darkfall better than ANY MMO out there including the ones coming out?

Thank you!!!! Don't be shy, this will greatly help me and others who haven't played the game in awhile or those who have never played it to decide if they should give it a shot.

-Vultar

#2 Drezt

Drezt
  • CotP Knight
  • Others:
  • 172 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:33 AM

Good to play with you last night Vultar.  Yeah, its my favorite game by far...not that I have played that many. 

Check out my two posts on what they say is coming.  I took what they posted on teh DF froums and edited out the commentary so that its not such a long read.  I am hopeful that it all will be coming out, as they have delivered what they say they will, even if it takes a bit longer than expected.  I do enjoy the game and the few people that we have still playing it.  To me, its better than it was because the guys I am playing with now like the game just as much as I do, even it its not "perfect" and they haven't come out with new stuff as of yet.

While the game is political at times, we're back to just having fun like we did last night.

I hope you'll choose to join us.

Cheers! :rpg25

#3 vultar

vultar
  • CotP Paladin
  • 3689 posts
  • LocationUSA WA State

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:46 PM

No other responses? Anyone read this forum anymore?  :P

#4 Vern

Vern
  • CotP Member
  • 14 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:45 PM

I have played this game since March 2010, and I will continue to play it on a daily basis.  I have played SB, WOW and numerous other non online games.  Darkfall is the game for me and I will be in it til the end like I was in SB.  The meshing of skilling up via PvE and the PVP system in this game rocks.  I have never been on the Bloodwall and I have not afked for any type of leveling - swimming included.  So I am behind alot from other players that started at the same time as I did.  However I enjoy the game immensely and I feel I am competitive on a 1 vs 1 basis - the challenge here is that most people run around in groups of 3 or more and are more than willing to gang up on single players - do not expect a sense of fairness from the other players - from your guild members yes, from your allies maybe - but from the reds or even the blues - they are out for your blood.  When your are out in the world and you get attacked - this makes for the heart rate to escalate and the adrenaline to flow - if not too badly outnumbered - stay and fight and make a good showing - if the gang is all here (and I have had groups of 10 vs little ole me) the challenge then becomes one of escape! and sometimes that can be much more fun than staying and getting slaughtered and can be very challenging.
Remember whoever dies - loses their loot to the winner. 
What a rush!
My 2 cents worth.

Vern

#5 Drezt

Drezt
  • CotP Knight
  • Others:
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:27 AM

well said Vern! :gen014

#6 Lucifer Renolds

Lucifer Renolds
  • CotP Knight
  • 495 posts
  • LocationUSA-North Dakota

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:31 PM

Well i read this post long time ago but didnt really know how to respond right away.  I n this game like many others you need to make the game fun for yourself, set goals, craft and grind in order to make your character better.  Sure there use to be lots of players in COTP to do thing with and now our numbers are shallow.  Being the fact that our numbers are down we need to do some recruiting.  I am not the type of person to betray cotp and go join another clan just to have more people to play the game with.  I would rather bring our own numbers up by recruiting, and sure we may hafve nooby players but i dont mind teaching, i think it builds a relationship. 
However, to the very few people who are still in cotp and stuck it out and still play, those are the fun people to play DFO with.  In a game like this you need to find things to do, give anyone of us a shout in game: Turlis (Lucifer), Hethen, Vern, and Drezt...we are usually on!

Lets make it a personal challenge to get COTP's #'s UP in the next month! Challenge starts now GO!

#7 vultar

vultar
  • CotP Paladin
  • 3689 posts
  • LocationUSA WA State

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:34 PM

Great stuff so far! I'm currently in the game as I write this, mining for Ore while waiting to get a marked rune. this game is very different indeed! I love the game but as already mentioned we need more members. Not having all the crafting stations makes things very hard for anyone without Anchor Spell. I'm not sure how long I will play this game but I'm going to give it more time and see where it goes with the upcoming PVE expansion and the Guild in-game.

Thank you for those who responded! I appreciate you all!  ;D

-Vultar

#8 hethen

hethen
  • CotP Knight
  • 197 posts
  • LocationLong Island ny

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:45 AM

I agree with Lucifer, I started to respond to this before I left for vacation but couldnt finish. Well this is game where you make it be what you want it to be.  I enjoy being a merchant.  I like trying to keep my vendor stocked and seeing how much money I can make.  I enjoy small groups, going out and killing things that I cant get on my own.  Ship battles are cool, still a big risk atm being they take so much to build. But I believe that is being addressed in the expansion.  As far as playing this now vs before, I cant really say if its much better. The numbers for the game have dropped big time. If your a player that needs to have your hand held by other players or a strict path to follow, this is not the game for you.  This is a sandbox game and it is what you make it. The fun part is going out and see what you can do. The thrill of finding something you can kill that gives you better loot then what you have gotten in the past. Or finding a red killing some mobs, and you stalk him waiting for the perfect time to strike. As far as the expansion bringing back many players, I think it might be to late to make a huge impact. A few may but I think most have moved on to other games by now.  I think Darkfall is the the best MMO of its type. Its a game for those that enjoyed old UO or Old SWG. Maybe not for those that enjoyed WoW or EQ.

#9 Lucifer Renolds

Lucifer Renolds
  • CotP Knight
  • 495 posts
  • LocationUSA-North Dakota

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:54 PM

If its any justice we just joined an alliance where you can do all the crafting you want. and there is lots to do as well.

#10 Aveno

Aveno
  • CotP Paladin
  • Others: CotP Workforce, EVE Online Leader, Star Citizen Leadership, VIP
  • 1272 posts
  • LocationCheyenne Wy
  • Active Game:Star Citizen

Donator

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:39 AM

Tariskatt and I are trying the 14 day trial starting today.  Is anyone still playing?  If so, where do we find you?

#11 Aveno

Aveno
  • CotP Paladin
  • Others: CotP Workforce, EVE Online Leader, Star Citizen Leadership, VIP
  • 1272 posts
  • LocationCheyenne Wy
  • Active Game:Star Citizen

Donator

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:49 AM

Do we need to start with certain races to play with you guys?  I've not seen anything in what I've read so far.

G

#12 Vern

Vern
  • CotP Member
  • 14 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:28 AM

You can start with any race.  But some people have favorites.  The wolves are neat but have the largest hit box in game.  The Alfar (little Black elves) are the smallest and have the smallest hit box (ie hardest to hit).  Orcs are cool but dwarf females are not (Ugh).
But like I said pick what you wish - remember you are going to spend a lot of time looking at yourself so pick something you like.
Use the NPC towns and dungeons to get yourself skilled up for the first while.  If you need some gear and can't get to the alliance city (Aradoth - on NE corner of center black spot on Map) contact me in game and if I am not to far away - I will come and help gear you up for the first while.
Have fun!