News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Online MapTool w/ Voice Fantasy RPG Gaming

krellos

Hello all! I have had to cut my Vanguard playing short as of late (cash issues and all), but I was wondering if anyone has any interest in joining an online game?

I will be using the free program MapTools, for maps, die rolls and such, along with voice software. I have the most experience with Teamspeak, but have used Ventrillo as well.

The game system is very simular to the Unisystem (d10). The setting is a mish-mash of Magic the Gathering, clockworks, and other fantasy influences. ;D

I am setting up an http://www.obsidianportal.com/ page and fleshing out the rest of the world.

I am not sure which evenings of the week the game will be played, only that Thursday nights are a definite negative and I am on Eastern Time. At this time, weekends are a posibility, although I figure that the weekends are when everyone is online already!

Anyone interested?

At the moment my time is consumed, but I do really like the way this looks.

What goes on with this Obsidian portal page?

It looks like you will still be using Maptools, but what do you plan to use the portal-page for? It almost seems like a repository for campaigns/players...

I really appreciate you reading AND responding!  :D

I personally use Obsidian Portal to post details about the game system and world; perhaps make note of important NPCs; display a map of the game world or the area that the players are currently in; show player experience and treasure details; post game sessions; and lastly to let players post gaming sessions from  their character's point of view (for xp bonuses of course!)  ;D or just add 'fluff' to the world their characters are in.

That is an AWESOME IDEA!

It is so tough trying to make sure I get details of an event posted... If it was possible for all the players from an event to post, even if just from their own point of view, it could help get this stuff up there quicker instead of always placing the majority of it on the DM's shoulders.

In my opinion, the DM already does alot trying to get the events setup and operating correctly that it could really help if the players wrote up their review.

This could be done on the forums without any problems... but I think I'll take a look at this portal to see if it is can add anything to our sessions.