•  

Important Announcement!

Founders Week; Begins Thursday, March 27

Go say hi to the new family members from The Empyrean Order in the Pathfinder Forum!

Close Open
Close Open
Photo

Wurm Online

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Omnium

Omnium
  • CotP Member
  • 64 posts
  • Active Game:The Secret World

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:09 PM

Wurm Online is sandbox MMORPG with many interesting features and unique concepts. Graphics is not "top notch", but it's great fun and community is awesome.

http://www.wurmonline.com/

My name is Borgir and I live in the Weeping Angels village, just north of Crystal Lake on the Independence island (the oldest PvE continent), if somebody wants to join me :drinks:

Any other tips for nice sandbox games? I mean REAL sandbox games with landscaping/terraforming etc... (not quasi sandbox like EVE Online etc.)

Steam - Anarchymedes | GoG - Yxomoron
Active games: EVE Online - Anarchymedes | Guild Wars - Libreus Exitus | Two Worlds II - Borgir
Inactive games: Anarchy Online - Anarchymedes | WoW - Dedko | Lotro - Rigrob | Wurm Online - Borgir

#2 Liquid Wolf

Liquid Wolf
  • CotP Paladin
  • Others: CotP Workforce, Elder Scrolls Online Leader, Group Admin
  • 1843 posts
  • LocationLaramie, WY
  • Active Game:Elder Scrolls Online

Donator

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

I think the guild had some things going on in Xsyon not too long ago. Looked somewhat like what you describe.
Success is the journey.
Loot is just pixels, people are the real treasure. - Leah

#3 Omnium

Omnium
  • CotP Member
  • 64 posts
  • Active Game:The Secret World

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:26 AM

I think the guild had some things going on in Xsyon not too long ago. Looked somewhat like what you describe.

Hey, thanks for tip. Xsyon looks really interesting. Too bad 40 USD is bit too much for me atm, but I would like to check this game sometimes later. Tho I'm not even sure if it would work on my comp... :D

Steam - Anarchymedes | GoG - Yxomoron
Active games: EVE Online - Anarchymedes | Guild Wars - Libreus Exitus | Two Worlds II - Borgir
Inactive games: Anarchy Online - Anarchymedes | WoW - Dedko | Lotro - Rigrob | Wurm Online - Borgir

#4 Trusin

Trusin
  • CotP Knight
  • Others: Star Citizen Leadership
  • 640 posts
  • LocationDFW, Texas
  • Active Game:Final Fantasy XIV

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

I started playing this recently and I am having a blast. I think when you posted this in 2011 they didn't have PvP but now they have PvP and it is like 3 realms vs each other with your own custom kingdoms thrown in.

Posted Image

You build everything from scratch. I have been working for days and I am finally starting to be decent at some things. It is also very survival in that you have to eat and drink regularly, if you don't get quality meals your nutrition drops and its harder to satisfy your hunger. One can live off foraged food for a while but long term it gets rough.

I built a smithy and wanted to share my images, everything here is hand made, every nail and plank and barrel and forge.
Posted Image

and the outside
Posted Image

This is a big community game, increasing skills and making quality items takes a long time so specializing is good. I would love to see COTP grow around me, there is everything in this game from animal breeding, farming, smithing, carpentry, thieving, and the major crafts you have to skill up independant crafts like carpentry has fine carpentry and shipbuilding, smithing has locksmithing, blade smithing, armor smithing.

There is also a religious system where you can follow a certain dieity and gain special powers like making all fields instantly harvestable that you are standing around, or a group spell that creates a horde of zombies to attack your enemies.

Good fun , im addicted.
Posted Image