•  

Important Announcement!

Founders Week; Begins Thursday, March 27

Go say hi to the new family members from The Empyrean Order in the Pathfinder Forum!

Close Open
Close Open
Photo

Favorite Champions so far?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Vornoth

Vornoth
  • Registered
  • 626 posts
  • Active Game:No Active Game

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:34 PM

I just recently bought Malphite and I am loving him! Great champion! Also, Kassadin has became one of my all time favorites.
Malphite starts off a bit more difficult than others, but has balanced survivability and damage in the long run. His ranged damage actually makes him run faster so easy to chase and run off when needed.

What champions are you all enjoying so far and why? =)

-Vornoth
Posted Image

#2 Elric

Elric
  • CotP Templar
  • Others: Apps Admin, CotP Workforce, VIP ELITE, VIP
  • 6327 posts
  • LocationUSA - Central Time Zone
  • Active Game:Final Fantasy XIV

Donator

Contributor

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:03 AM

Mainly right now this is how I have been playing:

Brand - Mid-Lane AP DPS for 5v5 Normal ("Is it hot in here, or is it just me?")

Tryndamere - Melee AD DPS Normal or Dominion (for obvious reasons - 1v1 he can destroy ppl in seconds)

Rammus - Tank Normal or Dominion: (I just picked him up the other day, such a blast to play!)

Occasionally I will play Akali as well, but she seems to depend way too much on kills early in the game. If she is fed, she will be amazing for endgame. I'd say she is more reliable in Dominion.

- Elric
Current Chapters: Wildstar

Currently Playing:  Path of Exile, Entropy (alpha), Rust (alpha), EQ Landmark (closed beta)

fs_overall.png
gallery_15442_291_180125.png

#3 Broxulous

Broxulous
  • CotP Knight
  • Others: EQ2 Leadership
  • 174 posts
  • LocationDover Plains, New York

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:51 PM

Currentl urgot...definatley one of the best ranged charcters I have played and number two because even though hes really good I dont seem to see many people play him at all.
:D :D :D

#4 Trusin

Trusin
  • CotP Knight
  • Others: Star Citizen Leadership
  • 641 posts
  • LocationDFW, Texas

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:01 PM

I am a fan of Kennen, he is squishy but has decent ranged taunting abilities. In group fights he can change the direction of the fight with his AE stuns. I tend to be a little too aggressive and die more than I should but it depends on the team.

I enjoy support characters and like Sona but you need a decent team for her to support and I have not found that yet. Maybe with some of us playing regularly I can give her another go.
Posted Image

#5 Mirathel

Mirathel
  • Registered
  • 1391 posts
  • LocationEorzea
Contributor

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:51 AM

Fiddlesticks

Galio

Talon

"My life is an open book. Your death is my open book."

#6 Deimar

Deimar
  • CotP Member
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:39 AM

Fiddle
Teemo
Annie

I mostly play ranged. Played a few as Yi and Akali, i'm not that good with melee. Played tank a couple times, that was massive fail!

#7 Irish

Irish
  • CotP Member
  • 20 posts
  • Active Game:Rift: Planes of Telara

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:27 AM

So far I think I like Lux, Ulitmate rocks. Also Miss Fortune and Tristana. Im strictly ranged as well Delmar.

#8 Nimdra

Nimdra
  • CotP Member
  • 4 posts
  • Active Game:Rift: Planes of Telara

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:25 AM

I would have to say Annie and Teemo.
Why? Annie would be one of my first champions to play after Miss Annoying aka Ashe... I hate Ashe. I found her cute and furious, rawr!
And Teemo... Cause.. its Teemo.

Edited by Nimdra, 17 January 2012 - 05:25 AM.

#9 Zalenthor

Zalenthor
  • CotP Member
  • 39 posts
  • LocationFrozen Wasteland, MN
  • Active Game:Star Wars: The Old Republic

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:13 PM

kog'maw and malzahar :D
Posted Image

#10 Hamunces

Hamunces
  • Registered
  • 208 posts
  • Active Game:Guild Wars 2

Donator

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:13 AM

I main supports.

Taric probably my most played, combos well with sivir in the current meta, and sivir is the #1 AD carry by far at the moment.

Gragas as solo top is probably my second, I love his range and sustain, super easy escape mechanics aswell. Learning Cho for that one in a million gragas ban that could happen.

Third most played is probably Ryze as solo mid, first champ I bought, first skin I bought, and still love him to this day. Not sure if its nostalgia or the fact he cackles with glee when you kill someone haha.

Add me if you wanna play, names Hamunces, unranked and only like 120 pvp games cause I only play premades nowadays cause the community are terrible.
Posted Image

#11 Relaed

Relaed
  • CotP Sentry
  • Others: Star Trek Online Leader
  • 619 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, USA
  • Active Game:Star Trek Online

Donator

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

I've been impressed with Olaf so far. Tryndamere is fun once it gets going, but you have a tendancy to go Berserker and die too much 8-)
Current Main Game: StarTrek Online 2nd: MechWarrior Online
Previous CotP Chapters: MWO, SWTOR - Prophecy of the Five Server, World of Tanks, Rift, League of Legends.
8/2012 - ibuypower.com OS Windows 7 Home Premium | RAM: 16MB, CPU Name: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU @ 3.4GHz Physical CPUs: 1, Virtual CPUs: 8, nVidia GT640, Asus VK266H 27" LCD - "This is my pc...it owns...IT OWNS!!!" - FPS Doug.

#12 Hamunces

Hamunces
  • Registered
  • 208 posts

Donator

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:37 AM

I've been impressed with Olaf so far. Tryndamere is fun once it gets going,

Tryn is awesome once he gets going. The problem is a good team will shut you down early game to ensure you NEVER reach the point where you are dangerous. Tryn is essentially a 0 factor v a good team.

Olaf is fairly good as a solo top and a jungler, but at the moment, shen is the most overpowered character in the game, let alone top lane.

Also, Hello!
Posted Image

#13 Elric

Elric
  • CotP Templar
  • Others: Apps Admin, CotP Workforce, VIP ELITE, VIP
  • 6327 posts
  • LocationUSA - Central Time Zone

Donator

Contributor

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:19 AM

I've been playing a lot of Karthus lately, and he has more or less nullified Brand imo. Karthus dies a bit more, but puts out a ridiculous amount of damage. In all my time with LoL I've never gotten a Pentakill, but with Karthus I've dropped a quadrakill more than once. Good times!

I also agree on Trynd... He is easily the most powerful melee champ if he is fed, but if a team ganks your Trynd a lot and they fall behind - they are going to be ineffective overall.

- Elric
Current Chapters: Wildstar

Currently Playing:  Path of Exile, Entropy (alpha), Rust (alpha), EQ Landmark (closed beta)

fs_overall.png
gallery_15442_291_180125.png

#14 Hamunces

Hamunces
  • Registered
  • 208 posts

Donator

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:31 PM

Karthus is currently the best scaling AP mid in the game, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. If you can get him, DO.

He's prettymuch an autowin after 25mins unless he's been super ganked constantly, and even then it just delays the win a bit.
Posted Image

#15 Demon

Demon
  • CotP Member
  • 94 posts
  • LocationClanton Alabama

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

For me its more the new champs I love

Diana for her mobility and the fact that she is an ap assasin :)
Spoiler

Zyra for her abillity to burst really well has great cc and can her passive allows her to stay in those dire fights to pick up multiple kills if she is targeted early

And Last but not least one of my fav

Varus for his Long range, burst damage, and the ability to lock multiple people out of a team fight for a few seconds which can mean losing none of your team :)
Thats why im TheEliteDemon Top 10%
Posted Image

#16 Aveno

Aveno
  • CotP Paladin
  • Others: CotP Workforce, EVE Online Leader, Star Citizen Leadership, VIP
  • 1272 posts
  • LocationCheyenne Wy
  • Active Game:Star Citizen

Donator

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

I love Morgana. She's not got much DD, but DANG if she don't pack a punch when she stuns then Ulti's out.

After Morgana, I normally play Teemo. He's more relaxing and simple, but yet downright deadly. CAPTAIIIIIIN TEEMO!!!! On Duty!!
Posted Image