•  

Important Announcement!

Founders Week; Begins Thursday, March 27

Go say hi to the new family members from The Empyrean Order in the Pathfinder Forum!

Close Open
Close Open
Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

EVE Chapter in CoTP needs a hand with Web Programming...

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 ShadowandLight

ShadowandLight
  • CotP Member
  • Others: EVE Online Officer
  • 157 posts
  • Active Game:EVE Online

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

no problem! Thanks for the help

I'll get more people from the alliance to input on the topic

#22 Omnium

Omnium
  • CotP Member
  • 64 posts
  • Active Game:The Secret World

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Ok, the very first step is done - I can connect to EVE Online API now and read stuff... btw PHP Eve Online Library (ALE) was written by some buy from my country (Slovakia)... strange coincidence :)

Now a couple more questions:

1. One "CoTP EVE" account (one user) can contain many switchable characters (even from various EVE Online accounts), right?

2. Are data in "CoTP EVE" shared between all users? Or does each user have his own (secret) set of data?

My English is kinda poor, so let me know if you don't understand what am I asking, I will try to explain better or something... :)

Edited by Omnium, 06 April 2012 - 02:39 PM.

Steam - Anarchymedes | GoG - Yxomoron
Active games: EVE Online - Anarchymedes | Guild Wars - Libreus Exitus | Two Worlds II - Borgir
Inactive games: Anarchy Online - Anarchymedes | WoW - Dedko | Lotro - Rigrob | Wurm Online - Borgir

#23 ShadowandLight

ShadowandLight
  • CotP Member
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

- Only people in the same alliance should be allowed access to the tool, can you make the program verify that with the API?

- I just log in with a different username if I am on a different account scanning

- The data is shared among everyone in the alliance who is given access by the alliance leader.

#24 Omnium

Omnium
  • CotP Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

- Only people in the same alliance should be allowed access to the tool, can you make the program verify that with the API?

Sure, so no access for characters from other Alliances.

- I just log in with a different username if I am on a different account scanning

Ok, so I can actually kill that "Switch character" functionality, right? You will just logout and log-in as other char.

I guess everyone is using just one character slot on EVE account anyway. All alt characters have their own EVE accounts probably...

- The data is shared among everyone in the alliance who is given access by the alliance leader.

Ok, so every registration to "CoTP EVE" must be manually approved by leader.

Edited by Omnium, 07 April 2012 - 01:59 AM.

Active games: EVE Online - Anarchymedes | Guild Wars - Libreus Exitus | Two Worlds II - Borgir
Inactive games: Anarchy Online - Anarchymedes | WoW - Dedko | Lotro - Rigrob | Wurm Online - Borgir

#25 ShadowandLight

ShadowandLight
  • CotP Member
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

yeap that all looks good!

#26 Dellian

Dellian
  • CotP Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

If you can add the ability to add bookmarks from inside the webpage that would be amazing. As of now we all have to get the bookmarks from other people.

Dellian Shardani [LHH] <VOTP> - Eve Online

Xaiban[Avalon] - Silkroad Online -->(Vela)

Xaibian - <Covenant Of The Phoenix> - Aion Online -->(Tiamat)

#27 ShadowandLight

ShadowandLight
  • CotP Member
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

If you can add the ability to add bookmarks from inside the webpage that would be amazing. As of now we all have to get the bookmarks from other people.

There is no way that I know of to get bookmarks from any other source OTHER then in game.

#28 Omnium

Omnium
  • CotP Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

Which bookmarks? :)

Edit: I mean are you using some bookmarks of URLs pointing somewhere inside of the siggy app? Can you show me such URL pls?

Edited by Omnium, 07 April 2012 - 02:12 PM.

#29 Omnium

Omnium
  • CotP Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

Quick status update:

It is possible to register new accounts now (every account has to be approved by the leader first anyway).

Passwords in database are encrypted (and salted).

All pages (except "Register" and "Lost password") are accessible only for logged users now.

Application can read data from EVE Online API and from IGB now.

Now, it's time for some more interesting stuff finally... comming soon... hopefully :)

Edited by Omnium, 09 April 2012 - 12:57 AM.

#30 ShadowandLight

ShadowandLight
  • CotP Member
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Awesome to see we are making progress man, thanks a ton! Can you setup Red Warclaw as the alliance leader so he can approve people? Then I can start testing out what your making.

#31 Omnium

Omnium
  • CotP Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:23 AM

Awesome to see we are making progress man, thanks a ton! Can you setup Red Warclaw as the alliance leader so he can approve people? Then I can start testing out what your making.

Sure, I will make him an admin as soon as he register, there is no admin interface yet though... I approved your registration directly in the database for now, there are no e-mail notifications yet, no e-mail address verifications, well.. there's nothing yet :)

#32 Omnium

Omnium
  • CotP Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:17 AM

It is possible to manage API Keys now. I've decided to implement support for more characters per user account anyway... Maybe it will be useful later, if more various functionality will be added...

#33 Smokin Warclaw

Smokin Warclaw
  • CotP Paladin
  • Others: EVE Online Leadership
  • 289 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

I have access to the server now - so I can checkout what's going on behind the scenes.
However, my Linux knowledge is very lacking, also I know MS SQL inside and out, but have never touched MySQL.
At least I can see the FTP folders....

Regarding getting "Registered" as Red Warclaw / Alliance Leader:
I completed the registration form using my e-mail: donstewart(at)gmail.com
It displayed "Your registration must be approved by alliance leader."
I expected something like this, but I still chuckled about it anyways.
Please let me know when and what I should do next. (No rush)
Also, we will have a few people with approval rights,
so it should say: "Please see the CoTP EVE chapter leaders for registration approval"

BTW Omnium, thank you very much for working on this for the CoTP EVE community.

Thanks again!
Smokin
Red Warclaw
CoTP EVE Chapter leader and Alliance CEO

Posted Image

#34 Omnium

Omnium
  • CotP Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:44 AM

Regarding getting "Registered" as Red Warclaw / Alliance Leader:
I completed the registration form using my e-mail: donstewart(at)gmail.com
It displayed "Your registration must be approved by alliance leader."
I expected something like this, but I still chuckled about it anyways.
Please let me know when and what I should do next. (No rush)
Also, we will have a few people with approval rights,
so it should say: "Please see the CoTP EVE chapter leaders for registration approval"

I've approved your registration. There's not much to do inside yet anyway :)

I will change that message, thanks.

BTW Omnium, thank you very much for working on this for the CoTP EVE community.

No problem, too bad I was quite busy last days, I wasn't able to work on this project, but I will get back this week hopefully.

#35 ShadowandLight

ShadowandLight
  • CotP Member
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

Sadly Ominum, who took up this project, has been unable to complete it. He's gone AFK from gaming :(

Is there anyone else in the Guild able to program this solution?

We are willing to throw some RL $ your direction!