•  

Important Announcement!

Founders Week; Begins Thursday, March 27

Go say hi to the new family members from The Empyrean Order in the Pathfinder Forum!

Close Open
Close Open
Photo
- - - - -

Magestorm - Epic Game

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Secos

Secos
  • CotP Knight
  • 360 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO
  • Active Game:Dark Age of Camelot

Donator

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:36 AM

Greetings,

Magestorm was/is a game that was developed in 1996 by Interworld Productions. You know this company as Mythic Entertainment. The game is basically an RPG deathmatch shooter with 3 teams on a map, character classes, level based system. The gameplay is team-based oriented and is centered around a WAR of mages. You have shooting projectiles, bolts, mind spells, storms, characters that can leap, fly, drop bombs, etc. The game was shutdown in 2006 but a fairly exact emulator was developed and is playable.

You can find this game at magestorm.net

I have a special love for this game as it was one of the first on-line games that I played. I started playing this game in 1997/98 on AOL. The game cost a crazy amount of money as you were charged by the minute. I believe it was $1.99 a minute but I can't remember for sure as I wasn't using my own money.

Anyway, the game does have a pretty active community. I would recommend a try for any avid gamer simply at least for nostalgia.

Here's a link that gives you a guide on how to get up and running.

http://magestorm.net....php?f=18&t=339