•  

Important Announcement!

Founders Week; Begins Thursday, March 27

Go say hi to the new family members from The Empyrean Order in the Pathfinder Forum!

Close Open
Close Open
Photo

Crafting over view

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Crowzhen

Crowzhen
  • CotP Member
  • 30 posts
  • Active Game:Rift: Planes of Telara

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

I am a crafter at heart and being so I would like to offer my recommendation for crafting in Tera online:

First of all crafting I believe is across the board the same for each of the factions of crafting i.e. weapon smith, armor smith, tailoring and etc.
With that in mind let’s get started:
Crafting and getting raw material this can be done in two ways one gathering and then refining material and extracting material from found items like armor and such.
Extracting requires the purchase of extraction scroll for learning for the level on item to be extracted and this is a onetime purchase per level of the item i.e. level one extraction = level one equipment.
Gathered you will need at least 100 of gathered material to level your crafting this is what I would recommend to for crafters. This allows you to level to a crafting stage where you can start crafting items and depending on what you want to craft, depends on if you want to craft everything which is quite expensive to do and will leave you low cash while questing in the beginning of the game.
Gathered material will also need to be leveled and this is done by level appropriate scroll and learned which is available through the crafting merchants.
Interesting factor is when enchanting you will need the same attuned crafted item per level of enchantment, but the Item need not be enchanted. So to enchant an up to level 9 you will need a total of 10 items; one for wearing the other to enchant up.
Paverune are runes used to craft and are crafter specific i.e. weapon smith, tailoring and etc. these are drops from mobs and the higher levels are for instances. You need the Higher level Paverune per top level crafted item and again will need massive amounts of them to craft and enchant the equipments. I would hope that crafters would trying to set updates for crafting parties which we would be for gathering Paverunes for our crafting schools and would be given to our crafting masters to supply our top level equipment for guild members.

#2 Solariana

Solariana
  • CotP Member
  • 16 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN
  • Active Game:Tera Online

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

Looks good bud. We'll fill it out further after TERA goes Public like you were just sayin in Mumble earlier.
"There's only 3 kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't."
-Steven Wright

#3 Kawaa

Kawaa
  • CotP Knight
  • 563 posts
  • LocationDaleville,AL
  • Active Game:No Active Game

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

looks good I am not really crafter but I but all the mats I get in the guild bank plus the recipes
Posted Image

#4 Crowzhen

Crowzhen
  • CotP Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

I want to add to what I wrote:

After questing for awhile I have found some Items that can be enchanted you can enchant them using both from found and crafted equipment and it does not have to be class specific i.e. worrior gear or priest gear. It allows you up the enchantment so you can enchant higher. I still think it is faster to get 10 of the attunded peice and enchant to level 9.

Also crafter that are doing alchemey they can craft runes I am not sure at this time if they when used in crafting equipment if the redear better equipment with better stats.

Also each crafting school allows for usually 3-4 equipment i.e. robes or sheeves or shoes, with alchemey it could be as follows mental making or potions or runes I am still checking out the crafting schools so please look forward to updates.

#5 Kristos

Kristos
  • CotP Knight
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

Good info Crowzhen! I'm still clueless for the most part on crafting.
Posted Image

#6 Rav

Rav
  • CotP Paladin
  • Others: FFXIV Officer
  • 1108 posts
  • Active Game:Final Fantasy XIV

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

The good part about crafting is that you can level it up just from refining ore/plants/leather into the versions you use in crafting gear/weapons/potions. You don't actually have to make usuable stuff to level. This allows you to get in a position to purchase and craft only what you want.

I started out purchasing every alchemy recipe up through 100, and man this was expensive. Its nice knowing all the recipes, but I will not be able to afford doing that through lvl 400.

Its not hard to craft, but the hard and/or expensive part comes with getting enough mats. The rarity comes in finding the green Runes and 'of the titan' runes. The green runes aren't bad so far as these can be crafted by Alchemy (cheaper than the AH).

Heres an example:

Blue lvl 30 Leather Gear:

Total cost = 2-3g , selling for 6-7g

Requires:
-Processed Leather - easy, just make Boscloth with the leather found on mobs
-Buckle - vendor mat
-Wax - i think, but its also vendor mat
-Geit Rune - it uses 5 or 6 depending on the piece, AH sells 30-70 silver each, but one can be made with 6 Silrune of Aruns with alchemy which sell for 2-8 silver (i bought em out at 2-4 silver each)
-'of the Titan' rune - I forget actual name, but these are found on bams, I usually get 3 per 5 bams, if i'm lucky. but good part is, each recipe only uses one.

All in all, you may spend a few gold making them, and can make a few gold profit each, but the market may become too saturated, making it not worth your time unless you need them for enchanting fodder. Going out just farming mobs I found can make more gold faster than the time it takes putting together the mats. But I think in order to make it worth it you would need to mass produce the mats for crafting items over-time instead of just running around each time you want to make something.

All my white/green drops sold pretty quickly in addition to all the 50s drops from piglings. Silver drops from mobs seem to range anywhere from 1.5s to 55s.

Edited by Rav, 24 April 2012 - 09:47 AM.

gallery_16769_300_135529.png

#7 Kawaa

Kawaa
  • CotP Knight
  • 563 posts
  • LocationDaleville,AL

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

also with crafting you can do it anywhere as long as you have a campfire.
Posted Image

#8 Crowzhen

Crowzhen
  • CotP Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

When the game lauches thsi Saturday I will be on mumble in the crating channel if people want to set up a system for crafting for the guild. We may also need an officer present for awhile to assist us in doing this just to get started.

I also recommond for this that we break down the crafting tree into segments something like this: Someone does robes, another does sleeves, and another does the boots. This could be done for each of the crafting schools and would cut some of the expence of the high level gear patterns and vender materials for those items. This is just a suggestion and I look forward to comments on this matter.

I look forward to gamming with all you in Tera

#9 Crowzhen

Crowzhen
  • CotP Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

Good article thanks for your input I hope to help set up some kind of system to help crafter's craft in Tera. I am looking for in-put on crafting system setup for guild. So we will have top gear to game with and such.

The good part about crafting is that you can level it up just from refining ore/plants/leather into the versions you use in crafting gear/weapons/potions. You don't actually have to make usuable stuff to level. This allows you to get in a position to purchase and craft only what you want.

I started out purchasing every alchemy recipe up through 100, and man this was expensive. Its nice knowing all the recipes, but I will not be able to afford doing that through lvl 400.

Its not hard to craft, but the hard and/or expensive part comes with getting enough mats. The rarity comes in finding the green Runes and 'of the titan' runes. The green runes aren't bad so far as these can be crafted by Alchemy (cheaper than the AH).

Heres an example:

Blue lvl 30 Leather Gear:

Total cost = 2-3g , selling for 6-7g

Requires:
-Processed Leather - easy, just make Boscloth with the leather found on mobs
-Buckle - vendor mat
-Wax - i think, but its also vendor mat
-Geit Rune - it uses 5 or 6 depending on the piece, AH sells 30-70 silver each, but one can be made with 6 Silrune of Aruns with alchemy which sell for 2-8 silver (i bought em out at 2-4 silver each)
-'of the Titan' rune - I forget actual name, but these are found on bams, I usually get 3 per 5 bams, if i'm lucky. but good part is, each recipe only uses one.

All in all, you may spend a few gold making them, and can make a few gold profit each, but the market may become too saturated, making it not worth your time unless you need them for enchanting fodder. Going out just farming mobs I found can make more gold faster than the time it takes putting together the mats. But I think in order to make it worth it you would need to mass produce the mats for crafting items over-time instead of just running around each time you want to make something.

All my white/green drops sold pretty quickly in addition to all the 50s drops from piglings. Silver drops from mobs seem to range anywhere from 1.5s to 55s.

Edited by Crowzhen, 26 April 2012 - 01:24 PM.

#10 Kawaa

Kawaa
  • CotP Knight
  • 563 posts
  • LocationDaleville,AL

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

only problem I see about breaking down to were someone makes robes,another sleeves and another boots is that we make be streching our resourses to thin where as if one person makes then all they will be on the same lvl equipment.
Posted Image

#11 Crowzhen

Crowzhen
  • CotP Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

I have now started to craft level 30 Armorsmith rare Items as well as some of the weapons rare Items such as lances and axes. What I need to craft them are Silrune of Titan and Triz runes to attune them. If you are interested please pm me in game and I will make the. As said above I am only at lvl 30 at present I figured I could be the guild crafter if needed? there are sets of level 35 that are rare in each of the schools that I am working on getting so watch my post as I get them I will be glad to craft them for the guild. Let me know what the guild needs and I will do my best to craft them.