•  

Important Announcement!

Founders Week; Begins Thursday, March 27

Go say hi to the new family members from The Empyrean Order in the Pathfinder Forum!

Close Open
Close Open
Photo
- - - - -

BWE 2

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Tagon

Tagon

Social Media Director.

• CotP Sentinel
  • 3345 posts
  • LocationOgden Utah
  • Active Game:Guild Wars 2
Contributor

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:24 AM

Arena Net has announced the 2nd BWE

http://www.arena.net...-2-beta-weekend

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Tagon

Tagon

Social Media Director.

• CotP Sentinel
  • 3345 posts
  • LocationOgden Utah
Contributor

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:44 AM

Since characters will NOT be wiped from last BWE we will be on Yak's again

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Perfectd

Perfectd
  • CotP Paladin
  • 10823 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
  • Active Game:No Active Game

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:59 AM

Hope those that didn't get on Yak's the first time around, can get in this time around. Sounds like the grouping while in the queue will be much easier this time as well.

GET EXCITED!
Posted Image

#4 Elric

Elric
  • CotP Templar
  • Others: Apps Admin, CotP Workforce, VIP, VIP ELITE
  • 6317 posts
  • LocationUSA - Central Time Zone
  • Active Game:Final Fantasy XIV

Donator

Contributor

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:57 AM

Sounds like the grouping while in the queue will be much easier this time as well.

Yeah that is huge! I'm glad they are looking to fix that as a priority, since that seemed to be one the biggest problems with BWE1 IMO. :drinks:

- Elric
Current Chapters: Wildstar

Currently Playing:  Path of Exile, Entropy (alpha), Rust (alpha), EQ Landmark (closed beta)

fs_overall.png
gallery_15442_291_180125.png

#5 Lobo

Lobo
  • CotP Knight
  • 700 posts
  • LocationRiyadh - Kingdon of Saudi Arabia

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

Nice to hear it!

This time I might be around to play!! :yahoo:

#6 Tala

Tala
  • CotP Member
  • 28 posts
  • Active Game:Star Wars: The Old Republic

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

Woot woot and im even on days off for it

#7 Rav

Rav
  • CotP Paladin
  • Others: FFXIV Officer
  • 1108 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:05 AM

Hopefully I can get on Yaks this time, but I need to try out some more classes either way.

gallery_16769_300_135529.png

#8 Nanulak

Nanulak
  • CotP Sentry
  • Others: Star Citizen Leadership, VIP
  • 975 posts
  • LocationPeyton, CO.
  • Active Game:Star Citizen

Donator

Contributor

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

Sounds like no Sylvari or Asura as of this beta. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it just means more beta weekends as those races / starting areas open up.

nanulak-gwsig2.png

By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. - Benjamin Franklin

#9 Trusin

Trusin
  • CotP Knight
  • Others: Star Citizen Leadership
  • 640 posts
  • LocationDFW, Texas

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

my understanding is that those races are in the closed beta, and will probably not be in any open beta as to keep some things fresh.
Posted Image

#10 Nanulak

Nanulak
  • CotP Sentry
  • 975 posts
  • LocationPeyton, CO.

Donator

Contributor

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

Here is the issue I see with this rational. I anticipate overcrowding and a bottleneck in the starting areas for those two races if we do not see them until the 3 day headstart. And if that's the race I'm playing in headstart I will most likely continue playing that toon into release. And if most people are like me, then the world population will predominantly be those two races. I hope they open all races before headstart so this does not happen.

nanulak-gwsig2.png

#11 Leah

Leah
  • CotP Sentinel
  • Others: CotP Workforce, Group Admin
  • 9652 posts
  • LocationBoston
Contributor

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:50 AM

In case you were wondering:

@GuildWars2 whats the deal with Asura and Silvari? When we gonna have a chance to try em? 2nd BWE? 3rd BWE? Thanks for the amazing work!!!

@danalvares Not in the second Beta Weekend Event, no. We'll have more information on the next events as they approach. ~RB2 #GuildWars2

--Leah

"Old age ain't no place for sissies." -Bette Davis

#12 Perfectd

Perfectd
  • CotP Paladin
  • 10823 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
  • Active Game:No Active Game

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:24 AM

*grumbles* I wanna be a tree person like in DAoC! lol
Posted Image

#13 Lobo

Lobo
  • CotP Knight
  • 700 posts
  • LocationRiyadh - Kingdon of Saudi Arabia

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:32 AM

Here is the issue I see with this rational. I anticipate overcrowding and a bottleneck in the starting areas for those two races if we do not see them until the 3 day headstart. And if that's the race I'm playing in headstart I will most likely continue playing that toon into release. And if most people are like me, then the world population will predominantly be those two races. I hope they open all races before headstart so this does not happen.

I agree with you in some parts...

I think there is going to be a overcrowding all over the starter areas on launch (And the headstart).

My plan is to hold pve a bit untill its more quiet. I'm going to stay more with craft and sPvP on the first few weeks.

In my point of view, in GW2 you dont need to rush to max lvl, so you dont need to go running for the content. I can sPvP just as good on lvl 5 or 50...

But, if I get a headstart on crafting I can have a headstart on market and coin. And I like that idea, having 5 toon with diferent craft disciplines in high lvls is what I aim for on the first days...

In this way I can enjoy the high market prices on the begining and provide the guild with some good stuff...

#14 Tolchar

Tolchar
  • CotP Member
  • 89 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

awesome! Guess I need to figure out why my mumble broke when I switched over to my SSD now.

#15 Elric

Elric
  • CotP Templar
  • Others: Apps Admin, CotP Workforce, VIP, VIP ELITE
  • 6317 posts
  • LocationUSA - Central Time Zone

Donator

Contributor

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

There is a good side to that though... With every other MMO that has released and I jumped in right at launch - there was a ridiculous amount of people in the starting areas. Most recently I ran into this issue with the launches of Rift, SWTOR, and the first open beta of Tera. Because of the overcrowding, it was difficult to complete any quests since there were always 10 or more people around looking for the same mobs or objects.

With Guild Wars 2, the developers took on a more "public cooperative" aspect for questing as opposed to the "tagging" system that you would normally see in MMO's (which causes the conflict / competition for mobs). As there is no "tagging" you can complete the starting quests along with many other people; together even without being in the same group. If you contribute to the kill, you get credit, so everyone is able to advance their quests and nobody gets stuck waiting in line. Yes there will certainly be overcrowding in starter areas (moreso in the Asuran / Sylvari), but at least it won't hold you back at all. To be honest, you may progress through the starting quests even faster than usual since there are other players helping you (indirectly).

:drinks:

- Elric
Current Chapters: Wildstar

Currently Playing:  Path of Exile, Entropy (alpha), Rust (alpha), EQ Landmark (closed beta)

fs_overall.png
gallery_15442_291_180125.png

#16 alycat

alycat
  • CotP Paladin
  • 794 posts
  • LocationBoise

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

It's only the second beta, and ANet has hinted they will preview the asura and sylvari in a future beta weekend. They are also very much love em or hate em races. I'm sure there will be more people starting an asura or sylvari during head start than there otherwise would be but not so many that it will be worse there than anywhere else. More people may have pre-purchased by then but all 5 races will be available vs the 3 we had the first beta weekend, and all the server issues should hopefully be worked out.

Something else people should keep in mind is that people can go to any city almost immediately, as well as go straight to PvP. So not only will player populations be more spread out a lot sooner than other games, but there's also the sharing aspect Elric mentioned, although sometimes it's hard to contribute fast enough to get more than a bronze if the zerg is big enough. Lag might be an issue, but it was pretty sporadic during the first beta, and nothing compared to my experiences in other games that were virtually unplayable when new content launched.

I think ANet's going to have a good handle on things by the time the game goes live, but I think we'll be seeing the other races before then anyway.

Edited by alycat, 31 May 2012 - 02:22 PM.

Posted Image

Aly >^..^<

#17 Nanulak

Nanulak
  • CotP Sentry
  • 975 posts
  • LocationPeyton, CO.

Donator

Contributor

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:37 PM

Thanks for everyone's feedback on this topic.

nanulak-gwsig2.png

#18 Hamunces

Hamunces
  • Registered
  • 208 posts

Donator

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

Well, unfortunately I cannot come to with BWE which sucks. Still recovering from surgery.

Hope you guys have fun =D
Posted Image

#19 Tagon

Tagon

Social Media Director.

• CotP Sentinel
  • 3345 posts
  • LocationOgden Utah
Contributor

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

Well, unfortunately I cannot come to with BWE which sucks. Still recovering from surgery.

Hope you guys have fun =D

Sorry to hear you wont be able to join us this weekend. Hope you get better soon.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Tagon

Tagon

Social Media Director.

• CotP Sentinel
  • 3345 posts
  • LocationOgden Utah
Contributor

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

I know we have a lot more people joining us this time. Make sure you contact someone in game to get tagged. Easiest way to find someone is to jump into Mumble. There should be someone that can invite on there most the time.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image