For anyone that has taken note, yes I have not been on the server as of late. There are multiple reasons for this and I want to address a few.
- Server stability/errors: Admittedly the server has had minimal downtime thanks impart to a small amount of luck and large amount of Grim's avid attention to the server but in the end the server is seemingly always pitching a fit about something which, quite frankly, has gotten really old.
- Mod imbalance: I know this is a matter of opinion and im not looking to strike up yet another pointless argument on the topic. As most of you already know, my opinion of the EE mod is a negative one. The result of making ANY item in game a commodity item invalidates many aspects of the other mods in tekkit and completely destroys any possibility of introducing a player economy and anything related to it.
- OP item and exploitation: People have been using items in game that are arguably OP for a survival environment game. Up until recently I have reluctantly tolerated it but a few issues have come up that I consider to be beyond my tolerance.
- First, People have altered large areas in or around the city without regard to others. In example; someone used a EE item (ring or philosophers stone) to ice over a large portion of the harbor. While this may seem like a minor ordeal, consider the fact that they left the ice there for someone else to clean up. Also leading up to that surprise, we got to deal with people using a EE ring to set off lightning over and over again in town. While I understand people may have been just "trying out" or playing with the item to check it out. They lacked any kind of forethought or consideration for others. Some people at this point may feel tempted to say something to the effect of "that’s an issue with the player not the item" and while there is some truth to that, that fact of the matter is that if the item is there someone is going to make it and use it. This begs the question, what happens when the offending party decides to "try out" the lava ring, water ring, or some other potentially damaging item?
- The second issue that crosses the line is people using items in game that have known and documented bugs, exploit those bugs and then try to justify their exploitations. When I call you out on the use of a bug I DO NOT have any desire to hear your feeble excuses as to how its some how ok because… or justified if you do "x". A BUG IS A BUG. If you exploit it you are knowingly and blatantly cheating.
- I think people need to be made aware of others feelings on the matter
- I intend to try and find a resolution, and that resolution is a new project to try and put together a new custom mod pack based off the tekkit mod. I have already spoken with Demon and Vie, asking for their help in creating this new pack. The end result (I hope) will be a game experience that will address the issue I have noted above. As well as enhance or add some new game elements in that we as a guild have yet to have.
So, that is where I stand on the topic right now. Please note, im not calling anyone out and I'm not posting for that sake of snuggling. I am bring up what I feel are legitimate concerns AND stating my desire and intent to try and repair/correct/improve them. if you have questions, comments, or requests related to the project, or wish to help, or in some way be a part of the project, please feel free to contact me here or in Mumble.