•  

Important Announcement!

Founders Week; Begins Thursday, March 27

Go say hi to the new family members from The Empyrean Order in the Pathfinder Forum!

Close Open
Close Open
Photo
- - - - -

Maximum PC Builds Price Targeted Gaming Rigs.

Gaming PC relaed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Relaed

Relaed
  • CotP Sentry
  • Others: Star Trek Online Leader
  • 618 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, USA
  • Active Game:Star Trek Online

Donator

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

Maximum PC has published a listing of custom built PCS that fit a certain price target.
Worth noting that you can use these parts list, try to match them yourself - if you are building your own gaming rig.
Enjoy!
http://www.maximumpc...lds_-_june_2012

In the June issue, we debuted a new section of the magazine: Blueprints. Here's how it works. We've built three rigs at three approximate price points: Baseline, Deluxe, and Ultra. Baseline gets you a powerful, no-compromises rig, suitable for gaming and content creation at 1080p. Performance gets you more, and Ultra gets you into six-core, dual-GPU territory.

These rigs are lab-tested and editor-approved, and we'll update them every month. Feedback is, of course, welcome, and we're in the middle of a debate as to whether to include a lower price range into the lineup. Tell us what you think!

Baseline

Posted Image

Baseline

Parts list Case Fractal Design Define R3 www.fractal-design.com PSU Corsair TX750 V2 www.corsair.com Mobo Asus P8Z77-V www.asus.com CPU Intel Core i5-3570K @3.4GHz www.intel.com Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo www.coolermaster.com GPU EVGA GeForce 560 Ti 448 www.evga.com RAM 8GB Patriot Gamer DDR3/1600 www.patriotmemory.com Optical Drive Samsung SH-222 www.samsung.com Solid State Drive OCZ Agility 3 120GB www.ocztechnology.com Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda 3TB www.seagate.com OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit www.microsoft.com

Approximate Price: $1,340

Now that we’ve reviewed some Ivy Bridge motherboards, we feel comfortable making a recommendation: the Asus P8Z77-V, with the new Core i5-3570K. And now that hard drive prices have dropped we’ve gone for a faster, bigger HDD.

We’ve had some readers ask why our Baseline rig costs over $1,300. Maybe baseline is the wrong word—this is a no-BS, sweet-spot gaming machine that’s forward-compatible and powerful without being overkill. We can, and do, build sub-$1,000 (and sub-$700) gaming rigs, but they require compromise due to budget constraints. The Baseline doesn’t.

Deluxe

Posted Image

Deluxe

Parts List Case NZXT Phantom 410 www.nzxt.com PSU Corsair HX750 www.corsair.com Mobo Asus Sabertooth X79 www.asus.com CPU Intel i7-3820 @4.7GHz (overclocked) www.intel.com Cooler NZXT Havik 120 wwww.nzxt.com GPU Asus GTX 670 DirectCU II TOP www.asus.com RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3/1600 www.corsair.com Optical Drive LG WH12LS39 BD-R burner www.lg.com Solid State Drive OCZ Agility 3 120GB www.ocztechnology.com Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda 3TB www.seagate.com OS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit www.microsoft.com

Approximate Price: $1,870

Our Baseline is everything you need for high-resolution, high-quality gaming. Full stop. But if you add an extra $500 to your budget, you get more stuff: eight processor threads instead of four, eight RAM slots, and an upgrade path to a six-core CPU down the line. You also get a Blu-ray burner and one of the fastest GPUs we’ve ever tested. This Sandy Bridge-E rig has remained mostly the same since it debuted in June, except for the videocard—and the price. We’re now recommending Asus’s GTX 670 DirectCU II TOP, which outperforms a stock GTX 680 on all of our benchmarks, while being $70 cheaper.

Ultra

Posted Image

Ultra

Ultra Case Cooler Master Cosmos II www.coolermaster.com PSU Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1050W www.thermaltakeusa.com Mobo Asus P9X79 Deluxe www.asus.com CPU Intel i7-3930K @4.8GHz (overclocked) www.intel.com Cooler Corsair H100 www.corsair.com GPU EVGA GTX 690 www.evga.com RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3/1600 www.corsair.com Optical Drive LG WH12LS39 BD-R Burner www.lg.com Solid State Drive Samsung 830 Series 256GB www.samsung.com Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda 3TB (x2) www.seagate.com OS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit www.microsoft.com

Approximate Price: $3,460

Our Ultra configuration is for the Maximum PC reader who needs ultra-fast encoding and rendering, tip-top graphical prowess, and speedy storage. It’s a step above what’s necessary for 95 percent of the population, but a step below Dream Machine. So it’s merely absurd, not absolutely over the top. Speaking of which: Dream Machine is next month!

The price of our Ultra configuration is down to just (?!) $3,460, thanks mostly to GPU price drops. Instead of two Radeon HD 7970s, we’re recommending a GTX 690. If you’re going to have two $500 GPUs in one machine, you might as well put them on the same card and save some room and some power.

Intel’s Core i7-3930K is $600 worth of six-core madness, and the Corsair H100 cooler makes it easy to push the CPU to 4.8GHz from its 3.6GHz stock speed.

Cooler Master’s Cosmos II case is huge and luxurious, with plenty of airflow to cool everything, and the Asus motherboard is great for overclocking and will hold another GTX 690 if you go absolutely out of your gourd for power. We’re keeping the 256GB Samsung 830 SSD and 6TB of speedy mass storage.

Suggested Pairings

Kick-ass peripherals for your new rig

Keyboard

Posted Image

Razer BlackWidow Ultimate

$130, www.razerzone.com

Mouse

Posted Image

Cyborg R.A.T. 9

$100, www.cyborggaming.com

Speakers

Posted Image

Corsair SP2500

$205, www.corsair.com

Gaming Headset

Posted Image

Corsair Vengeance 1500

$100, www.corsair.com

Midrange Monitor

Asus PA238Q

$300, www.viewsonic.com

Premium Monitor

Dell UltraSharp U3011

$1,200, www.dell.com

Current Main Game: StarTrek Online 2nd: MechWarrior Online
Previous CotP Chapters: MWO, SWTOR - Prophecy of the Five Server, World of Tanks, Rift, League of Legends.
8/2012 - ibuypower.com OS Windows 7 Home Premium | RAM: 16MB, CPU Name: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU @ 3.4GHz Physical CPUs: 1, Virtual CPUs: 8, nVidia GT640, Asus VK266H 27" LCD - "This is my pc...it owns...IT OWNS!!!" - FPS Doug.

#2 Bakath

Bakath

The Anti-Paladin

• CotP Paladin
  • Others: CotP Workforce, Elder Scrolls Online Officer, Star Citizen Leadership
  • 3647 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire
  • Active Game:World of Tanks

Donator

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:52 AM

You can also check PC Perspective's Hardware Leader board
http://pcper.com/hwlb

They also have a great podcast that keeps you up to date on the latest gear.
http://pcper.com/podcast

I just finished building a system, save for the video cards as I am waiting for a GTX 680 4gb model to come out, there's an EVGA one out but I do not like the cooling on it.

I7-3770k
Asus P8z77 V Premium
2x GTX 570 SLI
G.Skill 16gb 2133
Corsair 256 Force 3 SDD boot
Crucial 512 SSD games
WD Black 2Tb Storage
XFX 1000w Platinum PSU
Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 (odd looking case but has all the ports and features I wanted. )
Posted Image

Monitors I am waiting on as 2013 should bring us high res monitors at decent prices, right now I am using an LG 30" 2560x1600 IPS panel along with a Acer 1920x1080 3D. In 2013 I should be able to snag 3 2560x1440 monitors at a good price if the rumors are true.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 kaobang

kaobang
  • CotP Guardian
  • 6798 posts
  • LocationMukilteo - WA

Donator

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

wow nice bak;)

what will happen in 2013 on the monitors market ?

----------------------------------

Kao Bang / Mr Bang - AC - Darktide
Sade / Kaomar - VG - Tharridon-Sartok
Kaobang /Kaostyx - AOC - Doomsayer
Kao Bang - Darkfall
Kaobang / Kaolina - DDO - Cannith
Kaobang - Rift - Briarcliff
kaobang_cotp - World of tank - US
Battlenet tag - Kaobang#1537

#4 Bakath

Bakath

The Anti-Paladin

• CotP Paladin
  • Others: CotP Workforce, Elder Scrolls Online Officer, Star Citizen Leadership
  • 3647 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Donator

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

They will be moving away from 1080P as a standard looking to up the res to the 1440p and 1600p and a bit more down the road to a 4k res.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gaming PC, relaed