•  

Important Announcement!

Founders Week; Begins Thursday, March 27

Go say hi to the new family members from The Empyrean Order in the Pathfinder Forum!

Close Open
Close Open
Photo
- - - - -

Keepers?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Damis

Damis
  • Administrators
  • Others: CotP Guardian
  • 10672 posts
  • Active Game:World of Tanks

Donator

Contributor

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

It's been a few years since I have had time to play FF again, so I am a little rusty. I used to play in money leagues and we never used Keepers, so I am unsure of the Keeper process.

First off, why Keepers? If you are trying to expand the league to more teams, wouldn't you want everyone to start the same?

Second, will the Draft program track Keepers? Meaning, will those players be taken off the draft list or are we supposed to keep note of everyone's Keepers and not draft them if they don't belong to us?

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave

safely in a well preserved body, but rather to

skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting

"HOLY SHI* .... WHAT A RIDE !"

#2 Alexander-Irok

Alexander-Irok
  • CotP Member
  • 1909 posts
  • Active Game:No Active Game

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

I am really in favor of a full keeper league where you keep the entire team year to year. But as it stands is it possible that the new four player coil choose keepers from the previous four teams or something. So they aren't at a disadvantage?
Posted Image

#3 Damis

Damis
  • Administrators
  • 10672 posts
  • Active Game:World of Tanks

Donator

Contributor

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

I have been reading up on Keeper Leagues in google. It is more suited for small groups that stick together over the years. I can see the merits, but at this stage, I am not sure that I personally favor the system. That viewpoint is subject to change after this season.

I don't want any starting Keepers. Coming into a league in which some teams have keepers is an added challenge which I like.

It's too bad that the league doesn't give points for defensive players. It adds more work for team owners, but I think it helps to spread stuff out.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave

safely in a well preserved body, but rather to

skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting

"HOLY SHI* .... WHAT A RIDE !"

#4 grimjack

grimjack
  • CotP Knight
  • 278 posts
  • LocationManch vegas New Hampshire
  • Active Game:Rift: Planes of Telara

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

Damis, keeper leagues really are designed for groups that play for years, but teams will always come and go. I have been in a money league now for 17 years, which has 3 keepers a year. How have we handled the teams that leave, when we find new "owners" we give them one of the teams that have been abandoned and they get to choose thier keepers from them. Fair that they get stuck with someones probable mule, maybe, but it keeps the integrity of the league going over an expance of time, and gives them a pool to have keepers, as aposed to being handicapped from the start.

I love having keepers, for it gives another aspect of the game. One it promoted trading towards the trade deadline, a playoff team might have a keepr that is being underutilized, or need a player to round them out for a run at the end.

#5 Throne

Throne
  • Administrators
  • 11011 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • Active Game:Wurm Online

Donator

Contributor

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

Keepers are a reward for teams that stick with the league year in and year out... a league which is entering it's seventh consecutive season.

For those of you who are late to the party, enjoy the bud light, we drank all the whiskey.

Posted Image

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Ghandi