News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Introductions

Hey everyone!

Name: Thraq

Background: I've played a myriad of board games, roleplaying and MMORPG's. I look forward playing Pathfinder Online. 

Plans in Pathfinder Online: I would like explore all aspects of the game and look forward to being part of a dynamic force. I enjoy a gritty game and I hope that this will deliver. I've been very impressed with CoTP (Swotr_PVE) for the month I've been a member.  I would like to be a part of the Pathfinder team as well~

Welcome Thraq! It's good to have you on-board and we'll definitely need some people who love to the fight in sandboxy game like this!

Name: Anaraxes

Background: I'm a grognard, around 35 years of wargaming.  As far as MMOs go, EQ, DaoC, EQ2, Eve, SWTOR, TSW, Rift, WoW.  I'm part of a group of RL friends including Dogan and others that you'll probably hear from soon that have played together in those, and others, including tabletop gaming -- including Pathfinder, naturally.

Plans: I generally try most things in MMOs, though PvP in my opinion is better suited for FPS-style games rather than gear-and-level based RPGs.  For PFO, I'm interested in settlement building and territorial control.  As "fantasy EVE", we can expect (or at least hope) for that larger-scale game to emerge.

Welcome Anaraxes! Good to see members of the Grue Company start to arrive :)

Not to make him blush, but Anaraxes is probably the best strategic-gamer I know. He'll inevitably point out something that everyone else just goes "Doh! Good point. Let's do it that way."

;´) Always good to have such people around.

Welcome Anaraxes, make yourself comfortable and have a cookie; That goes for everyone else as well of course:D

Name: Randomwalker on PFO forums, hopefully 'Foxglove' in-game

Background: 30 years with board, PC and PnP games. Strategy gamer and RPer. MMO: old  MUDs, WoW, Vanguard, PotBS, Fallen Earth, TSW, Have moved from achiever/explorer to more social as years pass.

PFO plans: mix of rogue, trader and crafter skills (smuggler?). Destiny twin will be either a defensive pvp'er or expert/aristocrat.

Most likely found trading, helping noobs, fighting escalations, exploring or hanging around in taverns. Aim to be involved in guild crafting & logistics (gold scales?), to the extent that someone in EU timezone with limited playtime can be.

Name: Karmill

Background: Geezer 2 reporting for duty although Dogan has me beat by a few months. Another of Dogan's RL friends! I have been gaming for 35 years ever since the boxed set of D&D. Have played many games through the years but my standouts were Tribes, Everquest and The Last of Us. I've mostly played PvE style games but am no stranger to PvP. Played Quake and Unreal Tournament for more years than I care to remember.

Plans: I am very flexible and easy going. Whatever the guild needs, I'm in. Since I've been playing mostly rogue-style, ranged characters recently, I'm probably a bit inclined to move to a caster or tank but no worries if we need some scouts! Dogan, Anaraxes and I (and a few others that I'm sure will make it here soon) have been playing together in MMO's and other games for almost 2 decades (geez, we are old...) so we mesh really well. Looking forward to meeting you all online!

• Upvote 1

Name: Galderon

Background: Board gamer and board game teacher, tabletop roleplayer and GM, PC gamer and MMO player.

Plans in Pathfinder OnlineProbably making a warrior/soldier type, possibly investigating crafting as well.

Name: Pewch

Rank: Dunno, applied for the empyrean order way back when pfo got backed then got busy with school. Coming back with the land rush upcoming

Background: Student, going for bsas in information technology. Long time gamer. Was pretty big into world of warcraft arena and have a few rank 1 titles. Love turn based/strategy/rpg/card games. Also a huge dota 2 nerd.

Plans in Pathfinder Online: Druid and or barbarian since I get to level two classes with what I backed at (I think). Definitely druid :)

Also don't know if this is where the empyrean order is posting now, like I said kind of fell off the face of the earth with school and the game being made. I keep up with the blogs and somewhat on the paizo forums but don't usually post. I don't know about anyone else but when I think about the potential this game has, my excitement is palpable!

• Upvote 1

Welcome aboard, Sir Rainbow Sheep! Glad to have you aboard, and I totally sympathize with school pressures not helping you at all. Good to have you back, and ready to go once EE launches! Apply for membership on these boards and you'll be able to access the private boards where we have a pretty decent community going!

Name: Valkyrie (or "Val") here, hoping for Chireen in-game

Background:  I'm mainly a tabletop gamer, into both role playing games and strategy board games.  I've played a few different MMOs in the past, like World of Warcraft and Guild Wars, but it's been a long time.  Lately I've been playing FFXIV on my PS4.  

Plans in Pathfinder Online:  Cleric most likely, or a warrior type... possibly a combination of the two.  

Name: TBD - I've never been the kind of person whose characters all have the same name in every game. I'm a role player at heart so every character is a different name, a different goal, a different person.
    Background: I first got started in computer gaming back in the earliest days with a Commodore VIC-20, graduating to an Atari 800XL, and eventually to a PC.

My MMO history started with Everquest but I soon lost interest when I could see that it was just a never ending hamster wheel of fighting tougher mobs to level up to fight tougher mobs with no perceivable endgame. I started to get interested in PvP during the development of Star Wars Galaxies; I was a very active member of the development community. To prepare for the upcoming experience of factional PvP, I started playing Dark Age of Camelot when it launched and fell in love with it. I ended up getting into SW:G during the very early stages of beta and eventually became a CSR since I live in San Diego where SOE is based. Despite that, I found myself still playing DAoC more than anything else as no other game had the PvP game done as well.

Since then I've toyed around with a variety of other MMOS including WoW, WAR, and a few others. Lately, I've been enjoying DAoC2 (The Elder Scrolls Online) while awaiting the arrival of Pathfinder Online.
    Plans in Pathfinder Online: I have learned that I have a good amount of Explorer and Killer in me so I expect to be an active member of the Explorer's League if it comes to fruition, scouting the wilderness, seeking resources ripe for harvesting and then holding them against or taking them from those who would oppose our kingdom.

Firstly, welcome to TEO! If you go ahead and register as a member, you'll gain access to the private forums where we have a pretty constant conversation going.

Secondly, welcome to the League! We can always use more members! It will definitely come to fruition, that's for sure!

Welcome SDShannonS. Fellow DAoC player here. It's really good to have an experienced fantasy PvP player on board! We can use you, for sure. 

I'm a backer and follower of Camelot Unchained, the spiritual successor to DAoC. There a nascent guild for it forming here at CotP, so check it out!