News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Housing Location Vote

Housing Location  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Where should our free company house be?

• Mist (Limsa Lominsa, beach)
      • Lavender Beds (Gridania, forest)
      • The Goblet (Ul'dah, oasis)

This will stay open until we buy our FC house!

Details here: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/059bbe56423e9f9f618a578f2a926bda296b64a2

gallery_16769_300_158420.png

gallery_16769_300_660048.png

gallery_16769_300_2878.png

gallery_16769_300_546620.png

This post is part of the guild housing/fundraising masterthread.

Edited by Rouhet
    added pics

I am very excited to see our new home. I picked Gridania because it is central and close to the higher areas, and so lovely in the landscape and feel. I really do love that area..but will be happy with wherever we get our home..and it will be fun to be able to mix with our members "in person" a lot more...that will be very nice as well.

I will be happy to support whatever the FC chooses but tho i love the beach, and like to go there for relaxing i must say the forest is so lovely and interesting as a setting, i am guessing that they plan to use those towers in certain locations as entrances to houseing, there is one by Mirror Planks and one at the lake entrance to the Honey area both of which are lovely indeed.

it will be fun really to have a chance to 'see' other members and get to know each other 'in person" i ran into a FC member in a FATE yesterday but didnt have a chance to say hi, as i turn off player names except in fights and lost them after...wish i could have been more friendly and a Home will help. this.

Here is the Letter from Yoshi-san about the details of housing, the video is in Japanese without subs but i can help you with translations if need be, and the text is in english.it sounds quite fun and exciting...

Producer's Letter Including Housing Details

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/113554-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-IX-Q-A-Summary-%2810-30-2013%29?p=1500050&viewfull=1#post1500050

House will be customizable, garden furniture same, interior furnishings a LOT of them with some interactive like lights, etc, art for the walls but due to there being no way to restrict inappropriate imagery no custom images ie FC Crests or Logos... tho i can see at some point we may be able to get approval for those possibly....  no individual rooms but they are debating either individual housing or rooms in FC houses for 2.2 expansion in six months....   along with a work shop and more.

for now, mostly getting the house, location, size, big, medium or small, then the detailing and evidentlyl we wont buy the interior items outright most of them, we will need to craft them... so this will be a project over time. Mostly things can be re arranged but if changes are made to some things they are then lost. so changes will need to be carefully thought thru it looks like

Noooooo....how are we tied now? ..need more votes in gridania.......I call hacks....lol

WHAAAAT!!!

Who doesn't want a house on the beach... are you nuts!!!???

We need more for Limsa !!!

• CotP Sentinel

WHAAAAT!!!

Who doesn't want a house on the beach... are you nuts!!!???

We need more for Limsa !!!

+1

I'd rather have a house on the beach than a fairy garden. ;)

HEY! who's side are you on?  Those mermaids might scare people INTO the forest.

Maybe, but from the warmth of our house we can watch the lovely Mermaids AND watch all the fools they scare away... either way... do you really want a house in the forest full of people that run away from Mermaids??

i moved my vote to uldah because it'll be like scottsdale...

j/k put it towards gridania and a treehouse...tire swing!

Edited by deneva

I still feel Gridania is a superior location for the following reasons:

ease of access to higher level locations: Coil etc, travel is not costly as it is from the Seaside area, i still value saving the Gil and travel by mount or walk and over time it has made a big difference in my bank account.

the ambience, the feeling of Gridania is to me more welcoming and nurturing, the sea side is nice but with the exception of Costa Del Sol, we dont get the beach itself and even there housing wont be near it i dont think.

As the housing areas will be seperate i suppose it is apples and oranges but i will certainly support whatever is decided fully and whole heartedly ..it is funny that there is a tie but i suppose they are the two areas with the most appeal.

If we do get the beach beach parties will be fun, if the forest we can enjoy the woods with picnics and moon viewing parties ...so whatever comes it will be an adventure.

I just hope Yoshi does not go crazy with the price as pulling gil out of the coimmunity really does not help the economy i can see his point to prevenitng a huge server overload but i hope the figures of the millions i have heard wont turn out to be final reality over time. ...i hope for reason. And certainly we need to be conservative too, i hope.

As Carn said, Gridania does have those advantages over Limsa.  I also prefer Gridania over Limsa simply because it has

an easier layout to navigate.  However, in the argument of protecting the democratic process of voting, we should only

decide using a truly neutral methodology.  Of course if just ONE more person voted, we might not have

this problem...

Coin flip, /random, a re-vote using only Gridania and Limsa, or a tie breaker by PVP (let the god's decide!) would work.

Any other ideas?  Perhaps the tie breaker would be as simple as "Elric says so."

In another converstion elsewhere in the internetwebsverse, Carn suggested a tour of locations with the FC.  This could lead

to another tie though...  My litmus test was "which one cost less."  Chances are, they're going to be the same.

Would anyone do the tour on Tuesday?