News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • The Great Hunt

It’s time to celebrate COTP Founder’s Week again!  This year I opted to host our very own Great Hunt, to find certain Characters, Mobs, Buffs, or Actions located throughout the game.  Prove you found them by posting screenpics of your “capture”, here on the forums.  Based on points at the very end of the game, everyone who participates can win prizes and just have fun!

When: Game starts 27 March, when the first listed target goes up, and runs through the end of Founder’s Week, April 4th, 2014.  Final entries must be submitted by 8pm EST on 4 April 2014. 

Newest legs of the Hunt will be posted at least daily throughout the week.  Make sure you check back regularly, because additional points are offered according to how fast you “find” the target.

Targets:  Targets are all predetermined.  The Listing of each target will be posted on the forums, in this thread, HERE, each day throughout the week.  There are a total of TEN targets.  They will be located randomly throughout the game, on both Republic and Imperial side. 

Each Listing will include Clues to help Hunters find the Target, including a screenpic of either republic-side Gaibriel or imperial-side Khyriel locating that particular target.  Clues will hint at planet location, identity of target, and/or nameplates of the target.

Targets will be specific Characters, specific Actions, specific Mobs, or specific Items.  Listing will describe what’s being Targeted and clues to Find it.

Rules:  Hunters must Find the actual Target as described in the original Listing.  The Find must be documented with a screen picture, which the Hunter then uploads HERE on the thread following each Listing.  Each Hunter can only submit a single Find (one screen picture per hunter, in other words).

Scoring:  Points will be awarded to Hunters based on accuracy and speed of the Find.

5 points for every correct Target located/completed

5 points for being first

4 for being second

3 for being third

Prizes:  Mercenary Hunters deserve sheer, unmitigated cash!  That, and bragging rights, of course!  1 million credits to the Hunter who wins the most points.  500,000 credits to the Hunter who comes in Second.  And 250,000 credits to the Hunter in third.  Tied winners will split the pot.

Every Hunter who participates and Finds all Ten of the Targets listed will win a random in-game pet valued at least 100,000 credits.

Tracking the Hunt:  I’ll post the Points awarded right HERE in the thread so that everyone can watch the Hunt’s progress.  Remember to check back regularly!

And have an outstanding Founder’s Week!

Current Points:

Arlan = 98 points

Boshu = 79 points

Drekken = 107 points

Vegihan = 91 points

Sciclex = 64 points

Mgrak = 20 points

Edited by Phyreblade

• Replies 109
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted

Target:  Human male scientist, renowned for perfecting the production of highly unstable chemicals used in supercharged artillery cannons.  Also seen on lists throughout every forum thread that describes "favorite lines in the game", as he's as psychologically unstable as the chemicals he works with.

Location:  Wife claims that her husband is "fishing" near the coastline.  Last observed huddled in a cave alongside a body of water that should be deep enough to swim in but isn't. 

Caution:  Seperatist activity is common nearby.  Hunters should take care they don't antagonize those factions.  Or fight their way through, whichever works. 

Bonus details can be provided by Corso Riggs, who is a native of the target's home planet.

Photographic Evidence Included:

Hunt1.jpg

Yes, definitely. Would have been somewhat disappointed if someone got the third post up before I got mine. 

Question for you: What is the general times you will be posting the hunt photos? Normally around this mornings?

Edited by Drekken

Question for you: What is the general times you will be posting the hunt photos? Normally around this mornings?

Shrug, I'll be making the Wanted notices randomly.  Hunters have to be prepared to capture their targets, after all.

Yes, definitely. Would have been somewhat disappointed if someone got the third post up before I got mine. 

Random times to make it fair for all participants? (like those of us with REAL jobs :P)

Shrug, I'll be making the Wanted notices randomly.  Hunters have to be prepared to capture their targets, after all.

Random times to make it fair for all participants? (like those of us with REAL jobs :P)

Good to know. Keep me on my toes!

If you want to be real mean in when you post it Phyre, do it as we're about to do our 1st pull in progression. Give the non-raiders a shot to get it first. :-)

If you want to be real mean in when you post it Phyre, do it as we're about to do our 1st pull in progression. Give the non-raiders a shot to get it first. :-)

Phone Call...I have to go...Be back after I get a photo...I mean done with the call. :)