News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • What you all saw coming.

Well, I think it's time for me to just say I'm done.  It's been a lot of fun, but having played FF11 for 10 years, I've finally learned what my MMO breaking point is, and I've reached it.  If the ilvl had increased to maybe 100 I might've toughed it out.  But going from best in slot i90 to i110 is just waaaay too much gear grinding for me.  I've done it too many times in ff11 and I'm sick of it.

Really my only regret is that I haven't beaten Titan EX, even though I'm capable of it.  And the fact that all the new content requires that (and Ifrit EX) kinda royally pisses me off.  I hope the summoner's guide I posted will help some of the up-and-comers to do as well at the job as I thought I had.  I also hope that if I ever do come back, that the guild house will be wonderful and I hope my small contribution matters.

Honestly the chances of me coming back are pretty minimal at this point.  I tried after the guild meeting but after logging in for the first time in 10 days I was just too angry at everything in the game and had no motivation to continue after being played around with on BS bosses of which I want no part.  It ceased being fun at this point and became a job/chore.

I feel like I made some friends, but I also feel like I'm not leaving any kind of void except for all the anger I've been expressing in my last few play days will be gone.  I apologize for being a dick (especially in the last few days) and hope everyone can find something fun to do in the game.  I also apologize for being overly-dramatic and pessimistic, but that's just who I am in real life, and hey, Titan EX turns out to have been the personification of all my pessimism anyway.

In conclusion, have fun, and I'll pretend that at least one person will miss me.

Take care

-Sab

Sabin, it was great having you.  I feel really terrible about the Tex thing, because quite honestly, you were more capable at beating tex than most people I know.

It's a stupid fight and poorly designed. I think we can all agree there.

As you know I put several years into XI as well. To be perfectly honest, my FFXI obsession was a contributing factor in the break up of my girlfriend at the time and probably also had some

other effects I'm not considering.  I finally quit after playing to the point of just simply being burned out.  I'm not exactly sure that beating my head against the game until it made me sick was

a good methodology for my ultimate departure, but it was what it was.  I look back on that time fondly, but in reality the game was more of a job than it was a game.

It was clear that you were reaching the same breaking point for XIV for some time.  I could tell that it was more a chore than entertainment for you.  I'm actually glad you decided to quit and get out

before the stress did real damage.  I hope you know that you made some friends here and that some time in the future you can look back at this experience as fondly as I recall XI.

Best of luck in all of your future endeavors and please keep in touch to let us know what you move on to.  Feel free to add me on steam as well in case you're playing something.  I go by MishimaYukio on there.

I'm certain more than just one person will miss you. Perhaps even two lol

We didn't get to play much together but when we did it was fun. I didn't play xi but I played disgaea so I understand completely on something becoming a chore rather than it be fun. You were a good smn a lot better than most I've played with.

Honestly if you do come back I'm sure you'll still have a spot here. Take care of yourself man. Best wishes for the future.

As stated before Sabin I believe Titan extreme was just your curse in this game :/ that being said, we did have some much more successful coil runs together and it was fun. Take care, you were always a much better person that some of the PuG's I've played with even when you weren't in a good mood so don't be so hard on yourself and enjoy your gaming in the future :P

Hey Sab

COTP has many other distractions for your gaming goodness.  If you into FPS come find us on BF4 or if you have not tried SWTOR yet come over and we will get ya guilded up on the the shadowlands server.  You have a gaming home for life.

• CotP Sentinel

Sabin, it was good to game with you in FFXIV, so don't be a stranger! ;) One of the best parts about COTP is that even if you stop playing one particular game, we have many other current and upcoming chapters that you could game with in other games.

TEX and Coil T5 are some of the more difficult raid bosses that I've seen in a long time, and I share your frustration in that I never came close to completing either of them.  A combination of high gear requirements and zero leeway for human error (from anyone in the group) made those fights more difficult than they needed to be IMO.  But that being said, I wouldn't trade my time in the FFXIV chapter for anything.  As Arsenix has already said, there were more good times than bad, so I look forward to gaming with you in other games with COTP!

See you around! :drinks:

Sorry to see you go Sabin, i enjoyed knowing you but understand. I am moving FC and have not had time to do much in the game for a while other than crafting but i empathize with your decsion and support it if it is right for you. We have lives as well as game time too, always important to balance them and to have fun here, for it is not always fun there. :)

take good care and bye for now.