News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Instructional Videos

Hey all!

I'm currently in the process of creating some instructional videos to make it a bit easier to understand how and why we do things the way we do them.  I will post videos here as I create them and also to the Guides, Links, and Resources sticky at the top of the main chapter forum page.  Videos on the list to still be done include Mumble: Getting Started, General Forum Registration and Guild Application, Ask Mr. Robot Profile Creation, and Conquests.  First videos up here are Parsec: Getting Started and Parsec: Timer Creation.

Update 10/1/2014: I'm going to group the videos by subject with links only.  I think it'll make them a bit easier to find.  I plan on getting Forum Registration and Mumble: Getting Started done this weekend.

Forum Registration and Guild Application:

CotP Registration and Application

Mumble Video Guides:

Mumble: Getting Started

Edited by Dansker

Really like this Dreskoss, the videos you've linked so far are really great!

One thought for the timers video, may want to show in settings how to adjust the volume so its not blaring since Parsec defaults to max volume.

Lol will do Dankser.  I didn't even think of that... I like it at full volume so I can't miss it :P

New vid is up!  See it above.  Ask Mr. Robot: Profile Creation!

Edited by Dreskoss

• 8 months later...

Going to Delete a couple of the outdated links but didn't want to lose them in case they became relevant again at a future date, so copying them here so they aren't lost:

Parsec Video Guides:

- This video goes over the download and use of Parsec in the game.  It includes a general overview on most aspects of the program.

- This video covers the settings in Parsec.  I do not go into great detail on the Character Settings tab.  For more details on this feature, please go here.

- This video goes over the creation of timers in Parsec in order to warn you, the player, of certain effects or damage applied.  Examples are Concussion Mine during the Corrupter Zero fight and the mining droid's fire in the Grob'Thok fight.  The example I use is a timer for the Orbs in the Brontes fight in the Dread Fortress operation.  Not all timers will be created exactly like this, but it will give you a good idea of what you're doing the next time you create a timer.

Ask Mr. Robot Video Guide:

- This video goes over the creation of an Ask Mr. Robot (AMR) profile.  I have not gone into great detail on specific gear for specific characters.  I believe that is part of the learning experience.  If you need any assistance with this, feel free to contact someone in game that is knowledgeable in their class.