News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Epic Story XP Boost Details

FOCUS ON YOUR STORY WITH THE EPIC STORY XP BOOST!

THE BOOST DELIVERS AN ACCELERATED AND MORE IMMERSIVE STORY EXPERIENCE!

Inspired by the popularity of the 12x XP Boost, Subscribers can level faster while experiencing a deeper and more engaging story-telling experience. The Epic Story XP Boost includes reduced cool down on quick travel options and increased commendations to facilitate acquisition of the gear you need when you need it.

• Level your characters from 1 – 55 at an accelerated rate
    • Now you have the ability to toggle on/off the Epic Story XP Boost once acquired
    • Act now, the Epic Story XP Boost ends this Fall

Coming on May 4th and longterm!

I already have 16 characters at 55, I want the boost 55-60. 

Rather interesting that they're limiting it to 55 tbh, I wonder if they just C+P'd from the last or if they'll change it for when it goes live. 

Rather interesting that they're limiting it to 55 tbh, I wonder if they just C+P'd from the last or if they'll change it for when it goes live. 

Previously it would only give double xp for class missions.  If it works that same, you have no new class missions after 50 so you could get close to 55 with those missions alone.  Also remember that is you are so many levels over a mission you get no xp so if you try to save them for after hitting 55 you would get 0 xp and 12 times 0 is 0.

I fully expected it to only boost you up to 55 and not 60.

Previously it would only give double xp for class missions.  If it works that same, you have no new class missions after 50 so you could get close to 55 with those missions alone.  Also remember that is you are so many levels over a mission you get no xp so if you try to save them for after hitting 55 you would get 0 xp and 12 times 0 is 0.

I fully expected it to only boost you up to 55 and not 60.

Well the Makeb storyline wasn't under the 'class' or 'story' mission categories in the log, just under Makeb. For the new ones, they're just like that, for Shadow of Revan or whatnot.

Well the Makeb storyline wasn't under the 'class' or 'story' mission categories in the log, just under Makeb. For the new ones, they're just like that, for Shadow of Revan or whatnot.

Makeb was considered a pause between Act 3 and Act 4 just like Nar Shaddaa Bonus and Alderaan Bonus.  Rishi has 1 mission that is considered a class mission so there is only 1 true class mission after Act 3 all others are just story missions or planet missions.

Still have to complete the SOR story line to get to Ziost. I was doing double xp to get to 60 before I left rishi. Now I feel stupid cause I have to complete it either way.

Edited by Boshu

You can get from 55 to 60 SO quickly even on normal xp just from the prelude and Rishi, I'm not too worried about them not making the prelude/SOR stuff count.  Even without 2x most of my 60s hit it before Rishi was done (and in one case the instant I landed on Rishi from the map exploration xp).  I haven't had to hit Yavin to get 60 since my mains.

...Though this means I have a lot of characters with bits of Rishi done and Yavin untouched, ineligible for the continuation of the story.  Blah.

Hey Fappa!

Great question, I thought it might be a good idea to spell out some of the improvements that are a part of the Epic Story XP Boost. A lot of these changes can be found in the 3.2 patch notes which can be found here. Also, since I love bulleted lists, I am going to give you one those:

• The Epic Story XP Boost applies to the Class Missions of each class in the core game. In Rise of the Hutt Cartel it applies to the main story mission for each Faction.
    • Each Class Mission now rewards far more Basic Commendations than before, which is a great way to stay geared as you level.
    • There have been a ton of improvements to make travel easier (I will list them shortly).

Here are some of the relevant patch notes surrounding the Epic Story XP Boost:

• All Class Missions that previously rewarded 1 or 2 Basic Commendations now reward 8 Basic Commendations.
    • The Planetary Modification and Equipment Vendors have gone through a large rework: The vendor's stocks have been adjusted to have a better variety of Modifications at a lower Commendation cost. In addition, the title of the NPCs has been changed to reflect the level of the items they sell.
    • All Taxi Destinations are now available to all players.
    • All Quick Travel Bind Points within a map region are now automatically discovered when the region is revealed.
    • The cooldown on the Quick Travel ability has been reduced. For Subscribers and Preferred players the cooldown is now 6 minutes, and for Free-To-Play players the cooldown is now 26 minutes.
    • The Legacy Travel I, II, and III unlocks now reduce the cooldown of the Quick Travel ability by 2 additional minutes each.
    • The cooldown on the Emergency Fleet Pass ability has been reduced. For Subscribers and Preferred players the cooldown is now 90 minutes, and for Free-To-Play players the cooldown is now 180 minutes.
    • The Legacy Fleet Pass I, II, and III unlocks now reduce the cooldown of the Emergency Fleet Pass ability by 30 additional minutes each.
    • The base cooldown on the Priority Transport: Personal Starship Legacy Perk has been reduced to 6 minutes. Each Improved Priority Transport: Personal Starship unlock will reduce that cooldown by an additional 2 minutes.

As you can see, travel, especially with Legacy Perks is now much easier smile.png. I hope this wall of text makes the whole Epic Story XP Boost thing a bit simpler!

-eric

Here is a bit more information given by Bioware on the matter.

Edited by Vegihan