News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Player Owned Town info

So awhile back, i put a holdfast(the smallest POT) on installment plans. Well now ive finished paying for the POT, and it looks like they are adding POT's to the game. There are afew details i need to fill in before the town gets ingame, and im not sure what i should select for most of them. So i figured i would ask the guild(sorda turn the POT into our guilds stronghold ingame).

The info to be selected is listed below;

Town Name

Town location quadrant selection (novia NE, SE, SW, NW, hidden vale N, S) priority scale 1-6

Town biome (what should our town look like)

Based off location we may be able to connect to another POT(with other POT owners permission) or a NPC town

Town Crier Name/gender/bio

NPC building type (some building have 1-2 NPCs that can be selected like the town crier)

There are 24 buildings (currently) to choose from like; armor shop, magic shop, guard post, dragon bones etc.

Let me know if you have some idea's for any of the selectable items.

My thoughts on this if I was the one planning it.

Location: I'd say one of the northern areas to be closer to Brittany.

Biome: Grassland or maybe forest.

NPC Buildings: I dunno, although magic shop for reagents would be nice. But I don't know what all's available.

For lots, it kinda depends on how many people we're looking at, but initially I'd say the 13 village lots and keep choice, unless we're looking at more that 13 in the guild, then maybe the 21 village lots.

As for a town name, I have no clue. I suck at naming things. Town of the Phoenix (TotP), County of the Phoenix (CotP)?

Hello all,

I've been playing a while and cant say I know more than anyone else. Each release I seem to fall in the same rut. Place my houses, then start building my crafting/bladedwarrior/semi-healer. I do think that exploring the world is important to know where you would want to place the hamlet. I do think reasonable access to an NPC town is important. Also near a good source of raw materials is helpfull. Some towns are following a theme or history as to why they were established if that is any help. I current have been placing my row home in one near a mine which is great for harvesting materials and building my combat skills. The town is also known as a welcome vacation retreat which brings in guests as an established income for player vendors. I am happy to just place one of my homes within your hamlet start being part of the community.

Spry

Edited by Spryone

With the dynamic lot placement tool, we can place lots as we need them, the link below should give you an idea of how many lots we can have. Im not sure how many people will start the game with a housing lot, but i have a town home, and spryone seems to have a row home.

https://sotahousing.com/player-owned-town-calculator/

As for POT placement, Novia divided into quadrants and the island of the hidden vale is split in half.

On a numarical scale 1-6, one being really want, six being least favorable. We dont get to choose exactly where the POT gets added to the world, just what quadrant we want it to be added to. Im just really glad i hit the buy butten when i did, because they are sold out of the POTs with overland access now

The link below is a map of the world with some of (if not all) the POTs

http://www.sotamap.com

The list of npc buildings are as follows (im favoring the magic shop too)

Armor shop (one npc)

Bank (two npc)

Cemetery (one npc)

Chaos Shrine (no npc)

Combat shop (one npc)

Cooking shop (one npc)

Crafting shop (one npc)

Dragon bones (no npc)

Fishing shop (one npc)

Guard tower (two npc)

Home shop (two npc)

Hooded statue (no npc)

Magic shop (one npc)

Moon tower (no npc)

Oracle conservatory (no npc)

Oracle statue (no npc)

Public garden (one npc)

Stable (one npc)

Tavern (two npc)

Titan of courage (no npc)

Titan of love (no npc)

Titan of truth (no npc)

Virtue shrine (no npc)

Weapon shop (one npc)

The npc count is what is currently listed but i thinknthey may change over time. With the dynamic lot placement tool i already have all of them in my bank cant place em anywhere though

For the Biome, basicly what map template you want current they have

Forest

Swamp

Desert

Snowy mountain

Island

And they are working on

Mountain

Grassland

Underground(atleast one POT is ingame with this one, just no template available yet

Alot of the information for the POT is optional, the name, location, and biome are the key to getting on the map

• CotP Sentinel

Inseril would be a great person to talk to on this... He has played more of SotA than anyone else I know. :drinks:

Maybe I can meet up with you on Mumble to help answer questions.  Do you know if you were guaranteed a spot on the overland map?  That will make a difference as there was a cutoff for the POT to be on the map.If it didn't make the cut off you would have to attach your POT to another town/city in game. 

Something around Brittany would bring in a lot of traffic.  A POT your size is perfect for guild housing and guild shops.  Since we have no idea on the guild members expecting to place on release you may want to 4 town and 13 village lots.  I don't think keeps are for sale as they are extremely high pledge rewards.  The 4 Town spaces can be used as points of interest such as a Guild Hall, Tavern, an the like. 

If people think we can somehow get a keep deed then 1 Keep and 13 village might work.

I have 2 village lots and the row from my pledge. I was hoping that once Shroud was released they would let us allow those who are friended to our houses can port to them. As it is now only the owner can. If friends could have ported then I could have used whatever extra lots I had for the guild to reach some of the better locations faster. As it is I can place one lot in our POT then maybe another in one of NPC towns so vendors can be set up there also. The row lot probably could be used for in game advertising of our POT if we wanted. Never down play the written word in books as advertisment :). NPC's are also needed for crafting fuels and different ingredients so a quick port would save alot of time.

Magic shop would be a big plus. Some reagents just take forever to build up.

Edited by Spryone

The POT is a pre-holdfast ($750/overland, i ordered it in april before they started gimping the POTs)

I get the feeling most people will have row/village lots, as the town+ lots go for $1000+

We dont have to worry about how many lots of which size we pick because i have all the lots in my bank, along with all the npc's and npc buildings. Once the POT is on the map we can just place all the lots/npc/npc buildings

• CotP Guardian

Or you can use either my outhouse or crypt Just let me know and ill move death to the basement of my tower

DONTBEAPOOPHEAD.jpg

That goes for you too, Inseril, lol!

Cheers

Grim

So, getting back to the real questions.

What should we name the town?

I get the feeling novia NE=1, NW=2, SE=?, SW=?, Hidden vale N=?, S=?

The underground looks interesting, im leaning towards island/underground?

I am horrible at naming things, does  the guild have any names of towns they had in other games that can be reused?

I like your 2 , number one and number two choices for areas the rest does not make a difference to me.n The snowy areas are also sweet looking.

the underground is definitely kinda cool

I like the Player Islands. They are pretty nice. Not sure how big a Holdfast Isle would be but I guess obvious name might be         Phoenix Isle. There are pictures at the forum of the Underground Biome. I would love enjoying the Sunsets myself and hanging out on the Beach. With Basements we can be underground all we need I feel. My suggestion would be to venture to some of the Player Isles and other isles they are pretty nice.  I cant say I was impressed with the colder climes but I tend to enjoy soaking up rays more than skiing and sledding.

I don't think it would matter too much where on the map they put us. I guess it depends on if we want to be near an NPC town or away from the beaten path.

Based off the release 24 instructions it does not look like we will be able to get our POT in until release 25.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=54858#more-54858

At the bottem of the instructions it has a map of the world, i beleive that its the most up todate list of town names available currently

• 2 months later...

Hey folks,

I haven't been around in a long while :D Most of you probably don't know me or remember me but I did spend some time with the guild in Tera and SWtOR. I then spent a few years playing TSW and since we didn't have a presence there I ended up starting a small guild and rolling around in there for a few years. I'm a Royal Founder Duke backer for Shroud and have been following this game closely since the beginning. I'm a bit of a LB fanboy and grew up on the Ultima RPG's as a kid. I saw a couple of the CotP guys running around today and got excited to see you guys in the game. I believe it's really going to be great. I did start a guild in game as soon as guilds were able to be created and a few of my TSW friends have jumped in and out of game from time to time but most of them are waiting for final wipe. (which thankfully in July) So I'd love to run around with you guys if you need me or help out in any way I can. My in game name as always is Mekong Peacemaker. I have a village size PoT on the island of Elysium called Findupre. you would be welcome to connect your PoT to mine if you don't have overworld map access and find that area appealing. Anyhow hit me up in game. Safe travels!

So Mekong did Pirant and I run past you as we were avoiding the mage and archer skells in the pass? We were doing a lot of running around through that pass and Desolis.

Spry

Hola all,

I've placed one of my houses on the guild isle thanks to Bendarek. I have most of the crafting stations settled in around and inside it. I'll keep placing them as I get more. I have yet to make chests but I hope to later today. Anyone who is invited into the guild is considered kindred to the house. Which means you can use the stations and chests if you need. You should be able to place items if you want to also. if not I can upgrade anyone who wants. There is a basement also if anyone needs a place to start storing besides at the bank. I also placed a house in Valemark if anyone is leveling up in the newbie zones and needs somewhere to store items there. Oh and if anyone needs guild invites I can do them if Inseril isn't available.

Happy Trails all,

Spry