News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Chapter Rules (REQUIRED READING)

• Administrators

We'll know more about the rules once we get through CB2, however, the following rules are likely.

1. Guild focus will be Guild vs Guild PvP, Land/Node guild ownership, End-game Guild spawned bosses and everything else, in that order.
    2. If the guild or guild owned territory is under attack by enemies and you refuse to help out because you'd rather craft or decorate your house, you will be removed of your membership.
    3. If the above two rules have hurt your feelings, send a PM to the chapter liaison.

Hello, CoTP. I got an e-mail reminiscing about the good old times. I was in CoTP in Age of Conan.

You know, the chapter of CoTP that was "led" by Neferet.  I was such a noob in that game.

I see that your chapter in GW 2 is on Jade Quarry. Enjoying the WvW, are you?

I was delighted by the email and the offer to join cotp in bdo, but i am too busy playing Hello Kitty Online.

Hey got the email. Currently hating life in Archeage. Count me in on Black Desert. I like to craft and grab everything. Which is all needed for a guild to prosper. And pvping with a fine group is gonna be icing on the cake.

Hiya! I use to play on Pathfinder and could not get into it's PvP, because I could not get behind the system after playing it for awhile, how janky is the combat in this one compared to Pathfinder?

Questions are best brought to Mumble if you can.  Most of us are still learning, and those who are in the know are hanging in the channel. ;)

--Leah

We'll know more about the rules once we get through CB2, however, the following rules are certain.

1. Guild focus will be Guild vs Guild PvP, Land/Node guild ownership, End-game Guild spawned bosses and everything else, in that order.
    2. If you are looking to focus solely on crafting and collecting items to decorate your house and have no interest at all in helping with PvP, go away....now.

I am down with rules like this!!

If you are looking to focus solely on crafting and collecting items to decorate your house and have no interest at all in helping with PvP, go away....now.

Not to nitpick, and maybe it's just the wording, but is this really seems kind of negative. The email invitation said:

"Remember that we are gathered here to continue a quest to fulfill our gaming goals in a family environment catering to gamers of all styles, all genres and with every sort of gaming schedule imaginable. It is a guild environment that asks its leadership to inspire our membership, rather than require anything of them. One that chooses to promote through ability and merit, rather than statistics and elitism..."

Granted, it's a PvP game, and people should know that going in, but IMHO folks who aren't really all that interested in PvP but want to experience the game world and contribute to the guild through crafting for the guild shouldn't be made to feel they're unwelcome (especially after getting that invitation). And who knows, they might even get into PvP and have a real talent for it.

Edited by MadBlue
    • Upvote 7

I agree, I did find that statement to be a bit strong.

Moreover, if you look at the guild missions, there's either killing mobs or gathering/crafting/trading. If our guild wants to engage in warfare, there will be PvE.

Having said all that, there's a limit on the number of people in the guild, and the guild is paying your salary. It would be frustrating to have a node war heat up and have guildies nearby who refused to help because they hate fighting. So I do understand the underlying message, I just think it could be stated more diplomatically.

• Upvote 1

I think its important that people realize this is a guild game and not a solo player game.     We will need to come together as a guild to achieve our greatness!    This can be done via PvP and PvE but its important to remember when its the guild that needs it we all are coming to help not just the few.     (gathering quests, PvP quests, Guild summoned bosses, Node control and what ever else there is.)

I completely agree with Sky we need to be one guild in this game no doubt, on that note emphases on the rules here is very important and needs to be clear from the start. With a PvP focused game there’s nothing more frustrating than half the guild fighting for everything they have built to have the other half off weaving baskets.  

How else can I put my degree in Underwater Basket Weaving to good use? Al joking aside, I definitely understand stressing the importance of everyone participating in pvp. This isn't a game where you can play a "crafter" class, so everyone has the combat ability to pvp. That being said, the pve side of things is important too, and I'm sure we would love to accept anyone wanting to specialize in such things as long as they pvp as well. Viva la horse breeders!

How else can I put my degree in Underwater Basket Weaving to good use? Al joking aside, I definitely understand stressing the importance of everyone participating in pvp. This isn't a game where you can play a "crafter" class, so everyone has the combat ability to pvp. That being said, the pve side of things is important too, and I'm sure we would love to accept anyone wanting to specialize in such things as long as they pvp as well. Viva la horse breeders!

My first thoughts are, we may fight these PvP contests at set times thus allowing people time in between to work on things like crafting.  Hopefully someone who has more definite answers can weigh in on this.

From my understanding of the game, we primarily only have pvp on 3 days - 2 days of the week for node claims and one for region claims. I don't know if this has been changed for the NA release, though. There is also wars of course, but those seem like they're intended to be used for short-term bursts of fighting to contest objectives like world bosses without incurring karma loss. So everyone should have plenty of time to pursue non-pvp interests when we aren't pvping.