News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.

Thought I would mention that release 29 just came out. The world of Novia is getting filled up.

Brittany is now a town that we can visit finally. I took some screen shots and I'll see if I can find them and post them here. I have played some of the game but I have tried not to get too far in depth. Mekong has been nice enough to let me venture with him in some areas but there are a number of them that I have yet to explore. The community is having fun with events going on regularly each week. There are 2 radio stations going on ingame and I'm pretty sure that they can be listened to on the web outside of shroud. Graphics are improving with each release. Gameplay has also except they added a target receptacle this last patch that I'm not a fan of so far. All I can say Lifedragon is that I have a lot of hope for this game. It has been a slow process but there has been progress each release. I have been counting down the months until we can finally play without any worries about player wipes.

Spry

I'll have to see how I feel about that reticle. I had wound up running the path of the ranger when I poked in last week, but I found the aiming to be a bit challenging. Was thinking to re-roll warrior type. But I'm also interested in trying to check into the crafting system. Their little tutorial instance was good for basic movement and commands, but once past that it seems to require going out of game to figure out how the rest of the systems are used. Hopefully that will improve as well. Maybe when they get actual info into most of those new player help books.

I'd really love if they could get gamepad support into the game.

Where were you crafting Lifedragon? Mekong Peacemaker has pretty much all the crafting stations and NPCs at his PoT set up right now. I placed a house for the guild there and in Solania I placed my keep. I haven't gotten any crafting stations out yet if you wanted to try crafting but ill play a few nights and run some mail and pick up a few. Was there any certain skill you wanted to work on crafting wise? I haven't been able to make it through the pass yet to get to the guild PoT. I hate some of the NPC Passes. Also if anyone needs a guild invite Inseril was nice enough to give me the rights to invite characters into the guild.

Spry

Blue I think some of the reason behind that was the trouble the Original had with lag and everyone decorating their property. I loved some of the décor but that server lag was terrible. I'm sure there is some other option they could do but I have gotten used to this overland style.

Spry

I did not actually get to crafting anything as yet. I only managed to wrap up the tutorial and look around Soltown a bit. And then the new release dropped and I've not gotten past patching - which I am trying to do so now.:)

I am going to be in mumble when playing. Unless folks are hanging in other populated channels just to be social, it would be good practice to start being more active in the SotA mumble channel. It always looks so lonely. After the next wipe, we really should try to be on it when we play as it will help draw more attention and maybe we can move this game out of the Radar and into Full Chapter status.

As for crafting focus, I really haven't settled on anything yet. Was mostly looking to dabble and explore options. And then do a more focused path after the final wipe. If we manage to get playing in a more collaborative group I am likely inclined to fill needed gaps.

And I did decide I want to change the look a bit, so I deleted and remade him.

Arnaeus Moonglow

Edited by Lifedragn

I think I may place a house over in the hidden vale area. Its a newbie area and a person can gather/hunt as they gain skills. Most of the zones in hidden vale are newbie friendly so you can work your way up in the skills you might want to try. I'm sure there are other parts of novia that are newbie zones but I have been trying to stay away from exploring too much because when it does release I hope to explore a lot just like it was in EQ2 after the beta.

So far with this new release I have been trying the Fire line of spells for Offense and I cant complain. I have built up my shield as well to deflect attacks and I have been kiteing mobs with the AoE spells within the Fire line. I haven't used the Fire Pet yet. I plan on trying out the earth line next to see if it will work well with the fire ranged attacks. I placed a guild house in Solaria and have crafting stations on the roof with Lifedragon's help. I have yet to get a butchering or cooking station yet. There are mats in the chest up on top.

Spry

From a Chapter strategy point of view, I think it would be very good to maintain a presence near the starting areas. Do we know if the starting point is going to continue to be Soltown? If so, I think your tower is very well positioned.

So Far it is. But it looks like they moved the link for the Hidden Vale to Brittany from where it was near Soltown. I do like being in that area now though since it sounds like from your gathering experience Solace Bridge is much easier to farm. Brittany is pretty easy to get to though, just need to pass through the pass on the trail North of Solace Bridge. Brittany has a ton of plots and every one is being used up. I guess if the game continues on for a long time one of those might be important but I'm perfectly happy out of the way in Solaria and on the CoTP Isle.

That Vaughn pass to get to CotP is pretty rough though. Ended up just ghosting through... Not on mumble because I'm just exploring while waiting to head off.

I do have a house placed in Valemark now. Valemark is located in the Hidden Vale near Owl's Head. The hunting is easier there and there is a good supply of reagents in the zones around there. I have yet to place anything inside the house since I havent played much this week. I will be on this weekend again so if anyone needs invites just give me a whisper.

So I make my through Nightshade pass and make it to the Fire Pet and she has 2693 hps. I guess its going to be a group thing :). Trying to not spoil anything. I don't know who is worse the fire pet or the Ogre located in the pass.

• 2 weeks later...

They've got a Masterworking system for gear, which requires silver ingots, at least for tailoring. Anyone find silver in their travels? I've found gold deposits in Ravenmoor, but otherwise its all been iron, copper, or sapphire

Cool, I've got myself logged out around there because I was going to check it out. Just a matter of getting through all of those kobold archers that like to run and chain in their friends!

I went inside the mines last night. They changed the spawn rate for the kobolds unfortunately. More Copper on the first level now too. I didnt adventure down onto the second level to explore. I was already overloaded.

I've been unable to play the last couple days, but got the patching done yesterday at least. Hopefully I'll be able to give it a good exploration tonight. Though I may not be able to get too far. Those archers hurt and it is hard to handle multiple when they are all spaced so far apart.

I have been using an aoe on them. Then getting close when they stop.

It was really laggy last night. Might be more of a population in Novia as the final wipe approaches. I gotta admit graphics are getting better and better.