News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Chronicles of Elyria - Epic Story MMORPG with Aging & Death

It has open world PVP (with consequences.)

During exposition (3-month head start, there will be no PVP for month 1, limited PVP for month 2, open world PVP for month 3 onwards.)

Consequences: The Spark of Life system also helps reduce griefing. If you kill another character in-game, your face goes up on a wanted poster and a bounty token is created for you. This not only keeps you out of cities, but also means you can be taken to 'jail' which significantly reduces your lifespan, adding real financial repercussions to your in-game decisions.

Upped my KS to $120 to get into exposition.

- Jasc

<snip>

PvP vs. PvE  

There will not be a PvE server, nor will certain regions of the map (cities for example) be off-limits for PvP. That being said, based on the sheer number of people plus NPC guards in cities, we believe they will be a mostly safe place. Our Bounty system, with financial repercussions for crimes, is another thing to help combat griefing while still allowing for whole world PvP.

</snip>

With their most recent update they appear to be using the same back end that World's Adrift uses - SpatialOS
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/soulboundstudios/chronicles-of-elyria-epic-story-mmorpg-with-aging/posts/1592188

SpatialOS creator/information page: https://improbable.io/learn-more

I remember this being a very interesting tech, but admit that I didn't give it too much attention because their flagship/featured game was a survival/building/sandbox game.

Well it looks like that is also a bit more of an MMO as well, so if you want to see how CoE's backend system will run - World's Adrift may be a good example... when it is released.

https://www.worldsadrift.com/

Looks like it might be worth checking into, and starting up an Alliance for those that are into this kind of thing. They seem to be holding some kind of "Design your own island" competition to be put into game at release.

Based on some of the islands/buildings I'm seeing, it has an Everquest Next feel to it... though I don't want to give anyone any false ideas. I have not touched the editor yet, but might give it a shot when I get home.

*sigh* so many games....

Edited by Liquid Wolf

You bastards!! :)

Woo-hoo!
    You are now an official backer of Chronicles of Elyria - Epic Story MMORPG with Aging & Death.

If this project is successfully funded, the creator will send you a survey to collect information needed to deliver your reward.

Your pledge

$120.00 Edit
    BLOODLINE (digital)

• 3 months later...

I went with the following one:

Amount pledged

$500.00 USD

Estimated delivery

Dec 2017

Reward

COUNT/COUNTESS (digital)

• Start the game as a Count or Countess. Select your County & name it³  

• Create your noble crest with expanded access to a helm

• Cloak identifying rank¹

• In-game Count's Pack² including Count's cloak

• Name a historical location³

• Provide a name for a headstone¹ to be found in a graveyard in-game

• 450 Influence Points (IP) - see chart for options

• Forum Border - Count

• Forum Badge - Count

• 2 weeks later...

i just found out they Cancelled my pledged and sent me a email like a week or 2 ago saying sry they had errors on there end and could not get the money. here i'm thinking everything great and i got my package and nope not happening >.< i just sent them a email staying why they did not email me soner so i could of fix the problem. they're looking into a way to get my added on kickstarter >: (

• 3 weeks later...

Whlep, i finally got word back. they gave me the 120$ bloodline tier for free for the mess up and said i will get 5000ip w/e that is. so, now i'm back in the game ! i just bumped our guild post !

Anyway to add this game to the radar list? also i could not edit my last post to add this

Also made a CoE Discord Channel if you guys want to come over and hang there and talk about the game or w/e = )

https://discord.gg/qK46akw

Edited by Jaqen HGar