News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • WoW Legion: Guide to Gear for Heroics

Great guide! I feel it's worth mentioning though, you can technically do heroics before 810 item level if you put your group together by hand and everyone zones into the instance manually. Ironically, it's one of the faster ways to hit the 810 item level requirement to queue for them through the group finder. You can only do each dungeon on heroic once a day through this method though.

Well that is ironic! Thanks for the tip. I thought about that when writing the guide, but wanted to give some general tips for those looking to get their item level up moreso in solo situations.

I am assuming this will work for Mythic as well?

Mythics can't be randomly queued for in the group finder, so you have to make your group beforehand and zone in manually anyway. So, as with many things, it's up to the group leader what item level they will and won't accept. If people know the mechanics it's not too hard to take someone undergeared along, as long as the rest of the group can pull decent numbers.

I am really pleased that with Mythics you actually have to zone in manually. It brings back that nostalgia before dungeon queues of getting your group to the instance.

Do you have any recommendations for item level to get started on Mythics?