News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Saying hello, and

Also looking to see how much these forums are used for communication, haha

My name is Holly Carpenter. I'm 50 years old and I've been gaming online clear back to 1984 or so-- hence the moniker, "Game Fossil." Yes I've played the original Pong and Atari 2600 and ColecoVision, but nothing past the Sega Genesis or SNES 16 console-wise. My priorities and time have shifted over the years.

I cope with severe sleep apnea, an arthritic spine, and a mental illness through available resources here in my home town. I do have friends and try to go places as much as I can.

As I confided in Ztuke, I really have very little to offer CotP and might be gaming very little. I've done the KOTET story on one toon and have little motivation to do it again on alts, except maybe to play the DS choices (I finished it on a sniper who is Light V). I have one toon of each advanced class, and three of them are still baby level. Most of these toons will now remain guildless. Depending on what's on the development table come January, I might be willing to participate some more. 

Despite having so little to offer the guild, I ask almost nothing in return-- really just some people to talk to and be social with while I am online and in game. I'm currently leveling my crafting to 600 and am willing to make things for people, although it might take a bit of time to acquire all the materials.

I'm a story fan first and foremost, and have toons of both genders to see the different companion romance options. My women toons have Russian names, and my male toons have Finnish names. I've joined CotP through my Pub main, a Commando named Breasha. 

Away from gaming, I like to write and I'm trying to get back into reading again. I also watch DVD's from Netflix.

I'll try to be around some, so as not to be auto-purged for inactivity. Nice to meet you all.

Hello, Holly! Although forgive me if I call you Game Fossil when you join us in Mumble. That's where you'll typically find me hanging out, and quite a few of us get to know each primarily through the Cantina channel of our Mumble server.

I've been with COTP for a while now. About 4 years. Long enough they put me to work a while back, and I've never really stopped busting my tail to keep the Guild marching on. When you see me in-game, my toons are all named for Angels - my mains are a Scoundrel called Gaibriel and an Operative called Khyriel. I play SWTOR for the story, and I am well able to play it repeatedly and without even missing a beat (yea, I know that's weird but we all have our quirks, hehe). I do write fanfiction, so feel free to look for my Legacy story on Fanfiction.net and ArchiveofourOwn.

I've enjoyed COTP, mostly because the community seems well able to accept a slightly quirky gamer like me and no matter what game I'm playing. Everyone puts up with my fangirling squealing over stories like Dragon Age, SWTOR, and Mass Effect, and no one tells me to hush up (gasp). That, and I can usually find someone in COTP playing along in whatever game catches my fancy. Don't hesitate to chat us up, I've had some amazing conversations and enjoyed forming awesome friendships with guildies.

My own stats:
    ​Gamer of long years - I'm 42
    Married to a great guy - he doesn't game as much as me but puts his toe in the water every so often
    ​Mom of 3 girls - and they're all teens and forming gamer tendencies all their own
    ​Played Atari, too - I cut my teeth on Spaced Invaders and Pong but don't like consoles too much; prefer PC gaming.
    ​And I'm moving - should be on the East Coast again by the end of the year, woot woot!

Don't worry over what you have to offer us, either. One of the best things about COTP is that we don't ask for our members to do much besides have fun. We try to keep our schedule up to date with activities that run the gamut - we have Operations on there, PVP and GSF teams running along pretty regularly, some Conquest stuff, and even just plain silly games and hilarious contests (we play Hide & Seek in-game pretty regularly). Whatever you'd like to do, chances are we're off doing it somewhere in-game, I mean. So whatever suits you, have at it!

If socializing is really what you're looking for, though, drop in on our Mumble channel and chat us up. I swear, there's nothing like listening to some of our more ribald jokes and stories in there to know we have a truly cool group of people here. I know, I know - I'm biased as heck. But they've managed to keep me going through some tough times and I can't say how much I do appreciate them.

Welcome to COTP, Holly!

alone_cat.jpg

Hello! Fellow insomniac here as well. The forums here are used quite often and we have many people with different play styles so you are definitely welcome to hang out with us in guild chat or mumble.

Hi, and Welcome :) 

I'm a 65 year old grandma, so, as you can see, this is a guild that welcomes women equally with men :)  Most of the guys are super gentlemen, too!

You will see me in mumble as Ahlora(TeeroysMom) because my oldest son was the first one in the guild and my younger son and I followed along after him.  Most of the folks in the guild just call me "Ma" or "Mom".

I usually hang in the PvP channels or Cantina ... just rest assured you'll be welcome here.

hello Game fossil I have also recently joined this chapter of cotp and the swtor community as well (july 2016).  This guild has done nothing but shown me kindness and treated me like family. It has been an awesome experience.  Everyone has taken time to teach me the game and showed me the parts of it that make me wanna run home from work to play.  If you happen need anything just ask and I will be willing to help in any way possible.

If you fill in an application to the community, it gets your characters in the chapter bumped to member which gives you some extra time as well. Just mouse over the word "Join Us" under the forum logo and select apply.

For some reason, I thought I already did that :P But that was just to register for the website hahaha.

I just finished the real application about five minutes ago.

I'm undecided whether to bring any alts aboard. I have one toon of each class, but in KOTET especially, I play very, very little on any alts. On the Pub side, only Breasha is above level 65, and my Vanguard and Guardian are babies.

In case anyone's curious: I pronounce my character name, "bree-AH-sha." It's a Russian girls' name, and I have no idea if I'm pronouncing it correctly or not haha >_>

I thought I'd just introduce myself to the SWTOR chapter here instead of starting a new thread. Hope you don't mind Game Fossil. :)

I posted an introduction to the community at large: http://www.covenantofthephoenix.com/forums/topic/50544-hello-cotp/?do=findComment&comment=358788

As for SWTOR itself, I'm fairly new. I played a bit not long after the game launched and then for whatever reason did not return until a couple months ago. I leveled a smuggler during DvL but did not manage to get far enough to get the companion. However, I am enjoying the mount and other things I got...

I felt the desire to try something else, though, so I have been focused more on the Imp side lately with a Sorcerer. His name is Ognats. I'll probably join first on him since that's where my focus has been...

I did a bit of an experiment, leveling with legacy xp bonuses, the consumable bonuses, and DvL armor reward bonuses... and still doing most of the story content including Flashpoints.. well, I am level 70 command rank 5 and about to get into the Shadow of Revan content, haha.. so it has been interesting. 

As for Star Wars itself, I am an average fan. It will always have a place in my heart.. I was born between Episode IV and V and was big into it as a kid... Return of the Jedi bed sheets, lots of action figures, and dressing up as Yoda for Halloween. But I guess I compare myself to some friends who are much more hardcore fans :)