News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Anthem -- Bioware's newest live-action co-op IP

Phyreblade

Bioware's been hinting for much of this past year they're working on a new IP, complete with rumors they've been yanking their people from various of their other franchises to support its development. It was highly anticipated they would introduce the game at this year's EF Conference, and they didn't disappoint. Yesterday they offered up a teaser trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iFZDEQfo-Y

But then today they offered up a bit more insight using some actual gameplay during the Microsoft presentation at the Conference. Here's the first look at the game called Anthem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHwsDN57Ts0

Those of us watching the live presentation were duly impressed. That being said, we weren't terribly clear how to reconcile the game up against the developer's history. Bioware's more known for its RPG's than anything like this. But then Bioware's been adamant they've never made a game like Anthem before; they're even touting it as something utterly unique ever. We thought it looked like something of a mesh-up of the old Battletech games, with some Ark: Survival tossed into the mix.

Regardless, we're all hoping for dynamic story attached to the game, as well as the fun-looking combat the trailers introduced. Fingers crossed, right? Being a huge Bioware fan, I'm going to play this one. But with the co-op elements attached to it, we may want to keep this one on the community's radar, as well. 

Hint: I WOULD be interested in leading anything we decide to do with Anthem.

At this point, the game is marked for release in Fall 2018. I will be watching it pretty close.

Edited by Phyreblade

Saw the teaser yesterday and wasn't left impressed. My first impressions was that it was kind of like Destiny meets Titanfall mechs/the old Avatar game meets something else. 

• CotP Guardian

I watched the reveal video yesterday.

It does look like it could be a winner, once again tho with the...If they can pull it off and do what they are promising, on a large scale.  :D

It looks very cool.

Cheers

Grim

Does that mean we wont be competing for a heal slot??

hehe, maybe. I'll keep my eyes on it, who knows. but generally I get titles like this for PS4 rather than PC.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/06/14/mass-effect-and-kotors-drew-karpyshyn-is-writing-biowares-anthem/#75572abd178e

Apparently Drew Karpyshyn is writing for Anthem. This is good news, obviously. Except now it has me wondering about SWTOR, dangit. Someone hand me some Tylenol...

He did. He recently indicated he's writing for Anthem, though. I don't know if that means he's writing for Anthem TOO or INSTEAD. I suppose we will have to see.

So, I've been watching this game as well.  I, very much like October, would normally buy this for my PS4 because of the style.  I probably would not play this game unless with a controller, but we'll see.  I know that Steam has recently updated to be able to use PS4 controllers so maybe I could look at adding a controller to my computer system.  I'm interested in what others think.  Gameplay looks pretty good, but I've never played Destiny so I can't compare.  Maybe that's why I think it looks great.  It does look a little bit like Zero Dawn Horizon though.  But because of the potential group aspect I would want to try to get on same platform as others, and lets face it across multi platform isn't going to happen.  

Edited by Boshu