5 replies to this topic

#1 Mekong Peacemaker

Mekong Peacemaker
  • CotP Member
  • 51 posts
  • LocationPeoria, Arizona
  • Active Game:Shroud of the Avatar

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:27 PM

I'm curious...I know the CotP isle situation is due to Bendarek having commitments that take obvious priority. Are we going to see the return of any of you who have been gone or taking breaks? What are you needing from SotA that you aren't getting? Its awful quite around here and the boat needs some air to the main sail. :)

#2 Mekong Peacemaker

Mekong Peacemaker
  • CotP Member
  • 51 posts
  • LocationPeoria, Arizona
  • Active Game:Shroud of the Avatar

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:48 PM

*tapping out* I tried Spry, I tried :)

#3 Trusin

Trusin
  • CotP Knight
  • 829 posts
  • LocationDFW, Texas
  • Active Game:Final Fantasy XIV

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:00 AM

I just feel like the game isn't very immersive. I may try to give it another shot but the combat feels off. the magic system feels off. I never like it when from a mechanic standpoint magic and melee function exactly the same. They are different and should require different mechanics IMO.

Posted Image

#4 Spryone

Spryone
  • CotP Member
  • 254 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Active Game:Star Citizen

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:31 AM

Well if you decide to come back let us know Trusin it will be great get some play time in together. I haven't played Conan in a while since returning to Shroud. It is great to see you here. There is a free trial going on starting today if you haven't purchased the game already. If anything I can set you up in one of the guild homes or inns and let you venture around while having a place to store stuff besides the bank. I am Spryone DeRonin in game if you might need a friend in Novia.

Edited by Spryone, 09 August 2017 - 11:52 AM.

#5 jasconine

jasconine
  • CotP Member
  • 174 posts
  • LocationWellington, NZ
  • Active Game:Pathfinder Online

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:23 PM

I haven't tried it in a while and will come back for a run around to see if it can hook me back in. The combat was the main issue I had, with the collisions and hitboxes not seeming to be very accurate along with the magic system being a little weird (unique). It is definately more fun with a couple of others running around, so if we can find a time to get even a small group together, that would be great. That said, I might pop in and see what I can do solo one of these days =D

- Jasc

#6 Spryone

Spryone
  • CotP Member
  • 254 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Active Game:Star Citizen

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:37 AM

Thank you also Jasc for thinking about Shroud again. I am sure it has changed since last you played it also. I am really starting to think of Shroud as a process just like the game Eve has been for a number of years now. The game has a solid player base and slowly it is getting better. We will have Guild embassies throughout Norath that guildies can use as a base. If you need a bit more privacy we have Inns at several towns you can use for 1000 gold a week. The rental system has been implimented. I must appoligize since the Inns I have placed are behind on being decorated but I have no plans of decorating rooms in the Inns. Thats all up to the renter for their room.

Edited by Spryone, 12 August 2017 - 09:39 AM.