•  

Important Announcement!

Founders Week; Begins Thursday, March 27

Go say hi to the new family members from The Empyrean Order in the Pathfinder Forum!

Close Open
Close Open
Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Interested in Neverwinter Nights 2 Multiplayer?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Delmar

Delmar
  • CotP Sentinel
  • Others: Group Admin, VIP
  • 8237 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA
  • Active Game:Star Wars: The Old Republic

Donator

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:04 PM

I played through the entire game and loved it.  Bandoid recently expressed interest in playing the game and we decided we'd play it together in multiplay.

If anyone wants to join us please let us know.  The only catch is you have to speak up soon because, based upon what I've read, you can't join a campaign once it has started.  Bandoid doesn't yet have the game, so it will probably be a few more days before we start.

I'll post here again to announce when we're ready to go, so feel free to join in before then.

#2 Fen

Fen
  • CotP Knight
  • 663 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Active Game:No Active Game

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:49 AM

i have the game and wouldnt mind giving it a go in multi

#3 Killercod

Killercod

Guardian

• CotP Guardian
  • 3209 posts
  • LocationBetween 0 and 1
  • Active Game:Guild Wars 2

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:47 PM

I have NWN1...never bought 2 becuase I heard alot of bad press about it...but if you say it's good, maybe I'll give it a try...:)

#4 Delmar

Delmar
  • CotP Sentinel
  • 8237 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Donator

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:50 PM

Sounds good Fen.  The only thing is that we have to all start together and play together because you can't join (and I'm assuming you can't leave) the group once the campaign begins.  So we would need to make a commitment to keep going with it as the other people won't be able to play without everyone (at least that's my understanding of how it works).

I'm generally available after 9:00 pm EST daily.  I don't want to speak for Bandoid's availability.  Fen, can you be available after 9:00 pm EST to play.  I'd suggest we try to play at least one night per week.  I don't think I could commit to anything more than 2 nights a week due to commitments to other games/family/work.

KC, I highly recommend it.  I didn't like NWN1.  It just didn't hold my interest.  NWN2 has better graphics, a better story, more characters (you control an entire party) and far better quests and missions (some involve fighting, some are diplomatic and you even get to build your own keep and hire men to defend it).

Its one of the few games that I played all the way through, which is very, very rare for me.

#5 Bandoid

Bandoid
  • CotP Paladin
  • Others: Lord of the Rings Leadership, VIP
  • 2060 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Active Game:Lord of the Rings Online

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:58 PM

My typical routine is to play LotRO starting between 8:15pm and 8:45 pm EST every night that I can.  That said, it's easier for me just to plan exceptions for when everyone else becomes available.  I assume that, with 4 people in the game, the logistics on this will be tricky enough that it won't get too much in the way of my LotRO time.  Bottom Line:  I'll take a passive approach and play when the three of you are available.

The only reason I'm considering my commitment to LotRO is that we've recently begun to expand a little bit in that game and I'd really like to help keep the momentum going. 

Looking forward to playing with you guys!

#6 Fen

Fen
  • CotP Knight
  • 663 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:19 PM

i can be available once i find out what time that is here lol, and it would be great if we could start in maybe a week or two because my tim is a bit funny atm and cant really commit to something other than a quick bash on swg, it would be better for me then, but one night a week sounds good

#7 Delmar

Delmar
  • CotP Sentinel
  • 8237 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Donator

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:14 PM

Bandoid and Fen, that sounds fine to me.  I'm doing a SWG trial and I'm getting the PnP D&D group up and running so a couple weeks for a breather sounds great to me.

#8 Throne

Throne
  • Administrators
  • Others: CotP Guardian
  • 11017 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • Active Game:Wurm Online

Donator

Contributor

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:15 AM

i did enjoy NWN2, but i'm strapped for gaming time right now

#9 Delmar

Delmar
  • CotP Sentinel
  • 8237 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Donator

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:12 AM

I was strapped for gaming time too.  Then I took Tagon's advice and just gave up sleeping...ever.  They say it causes insanity after awhile, but I think they're wrong.  At least, that's what the voices inside my head tell me  ???

When D&D starts up, I'm planning on giving up eating.  I figure it will be a great way to keep slim while also saving money on groceries  :nerd

Should DFO launch later this year or I decide to subscribe to SWG following my trial, I'll just give up work.  I should still be able to afford a dsl line and one game subscription a month while on welfare (especially since I won't have to waste all that money on silly things like food and clothing)  ;)

See, its the perfect solution which I whole-heartedly recommend to you and everyone else!  :gen014

#10 Bandoid

Bandoid
  • CotP Paladin
  • 2060 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:36 PM

And here I thought you'd already given up sleeping, eating, and dressing so that you could work more!  I guess you never really know what you're capable of until you try.

I am humbled before you...  By the way, what's DFO?  Is that Darkfall?

#11 Delmar

Delmar
  • CotP Sentinel
  • 8237 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Donator

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:32 AM

Actually, if I gave up dressing, I'd probably be working less, and not by choice, if you know what I mean  ;)

DFO is Darkfall Online.

#12 Fen

Fen
  • CotP Knight
  • 663 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:58 AM

so when are we going to begin, im now free next week, wont know exact days till the weekend but im def free next week to begin, all i have to do is reinstall the game

#13 booker

booker
  • CotP Paladin
  • 1136 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:06 AM

I am in for this totaly.

I might have another friend who woul dbe into it as well..

I am available after 9pm est every day but tuesday and wed...

just let me know.

I will reinstall the game tonight and patch her all up.

Also.... my friend who may be interested in playing, and me also are starting to build a persistent world for NWN2.... and you would all be welcome to play it if and when it becomes available.

#14 Lev

Lev
  • CotP Knight
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:10 AM

I'm interested, I'd just have to reinstall NWN2  and update. Hmm not at home but it might still be on my computer actually.  Haven't beaten the story but it's a pretty fun game.  Been playing Diablo 2 and Battlefield 2142 with a day or two of FFXI a week so I can do most any day.  I usually get off work around 9 PM EST anyways.

#15 Delmar

Delmar
  • CotP Sentinel
  • 8237 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Donator

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:39 PM

This is sounding very good.  Bandoid and I have our games installed, updated and ready to go.

How about we try getting together Thursday (7/10) at 9:30pm EST just to get the server set up and characters generated and at least start the game?

If the above day and time are good (if they're not good, just post here to let everyone know) then we can log into vent at 9:30 and discuss setting up the server.

Who wants to host? 

What characters do we want to play?  I'm thinking about a half-elf cleric.

Look forward to seeing everyone in game :)

#16 Fen

Fen
  • CotP Knight
  • 663 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:20 PM

ok i wont be available that time due to my girlfriend being here, about 3 hours later i will be though, i live in Australia so its midday for me on friday (when its 9:30 on thursday, the day you set for the day we start) your tuesday at 9:30 would be 100% perfect for me therefor it being wednesday for me next week, i probably shouldnt host since im in aus, but if i did it would help with my graphical lag problem, so i wouldnt have to worry about server lag

character wise i would be thinking about maybe a wizard/scorceror or a rouge race will be determind on what class i choose

#17 Fen

Fen
  • CotP Knight
  • 663 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:21 PM

oh yeah, whats the latest patch and do i need the exp pack?

#18 Lev

Lev
  • CotP Knight
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:49 AM

That should be good, I'll make sure I'm installed tonight.  Forgot yesterday, Diablo 2 raped my soul.  :smokin1

#19 booker

booker
  • CotP Paladin
  • 1136 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:40 AM

I will install up tonight and get ready for thursday at 9:30 EST.

We need to agree on which patch we want to use... up to the full on patch?

I would like to play a sorc, or sham.... but am open to playing a tank as I have never done that.

I plan on rolling a toon to take him into a prestige class eventualy.. so I need to plan.

#20 Bandoid

Bandoid
  • CotP Paladin
  • 2060 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:17 PM

Just FYI to everyone.  I've haven't played this game except up to the part where you have to find the missing guy at the inn and you meet the dwarf.  That's pretty  early on in the game so please be patient with me if I seem naive.  Please don't be afraid to coach me.  I've never even played the first game.

That said, I'd like to see more discussion on the types of games you can play on line.  Persistent world sounds pretty good but what does that mean exactly?

One more thing.  As concerns what build we're using, Delmar and I are updated to the current build but we don't have the expansions.  We're talking about the original NWN2 campaign.