•  

Important Announcement!

Founders Week; Begins Thursday, March 27

Go say hi to the new family members from The Empyrean Order in the Pathfinder Forum!

Close Open
Close Open
Photo
- - - - -

Official Warhammer 40k Thread

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Fen

Fen
  • CotP Knight
  • 663 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Active Game:No Active Game

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:51 PM

This is the first post in what will be many that will begin a campaign written by myself and tezcatlipoca78, we hope all interested will read and enjoy this mighty campaign. It hasnt been written, the terrain hasn't been modeled and not all our soldiers have arrived yet(gosh darn ebay). So in this thread i will give you a taste of what to expect, and in the coming month/s the battles will be played and posted here.

Things to look forward to:
-Our own written, epic campaign of Hive Fleet (whatever Tez-cat wants to all it) against the Thousand sons home world: The Planet of Sorcerers.
-Full detailed battles, pictures and all
-possible scans of pages of the rulebook for people who might want to start playing.

our battles wont be the only battles in this forum, after our campaign anyone in the guild who play and would like to post their battle up here may do so. I look forward to beginning this and i look forward to showing you all.

#2 Lev

Lev
  • CotP Knight
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:54 PM

lol I play 40k Fen, too bad you're so far away.  Orks are totally win. Waaagh!

#3 Fen

Fen
  • CotP Knight
  • 663 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:19 PM

yeah it is too bad, pity we cant play over vent like the DnD guys, youll have to pay a match and post it up here like me and tezcat are going to.

#4 Lev

Lev
  • CotP Knight
  • 1001 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:27 PM

I'll be sure to mate!  I still need to paint what I have now and buy some more models though.  I have an 850ish point ork army at the moment and after a few paychecks I'm planning to buy some more stuff.  I'll at least break 1000 points even if I don't make it to 1500.

What race are the two of you getting into? Or already into?

#5 Fen

Fen
  • CotP Knight
  • 663 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:09 PM

im re building my Thousand sons chaos army, and tezcatlipoca has an extremely large tyranid army, so thats what we are basing the campaign around, while we are writing it i will be buying and painting my models while he will be making terrain

#6 Lev

Lev
  • CotP Knight
  • 1001 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:42 AM

oh very nice.  One of my friends has a 2k nid army but almost no one plays Chaos here. We have every other race covered however.  I believe one of my friends has 1000 points of Thousand Sons somewhere however.

#7 Fen

Fen
  • CotP Knight
  • 663 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:15 PM

nice, well i hope you keep checking out this forum because ill be updating this like often, and, the first update, im about to buy my first box of models and have written a small draft of the campaign. its going to turn out pretty good if all goes well

#8 Lev

Lev
  • CotP Knight
  • 1001 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:51 AM

I'll certainly be interested in keeping current!  How big of a campaign are you planning?

#9 Fen

Fen
  • CotP Knight
  • 663 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:35 AM

well i dont want to spoil it but i will be a tide turning series of battles, some small scale and some very epic scale, we wont play them in order but we will definately post them up here in order lol, like when i start getting my army back up, what ever units i have can be part of a later campaign mission, it will be a great read i guaruntee it, and i will even email the lore and the campaign to you if you want to play it out yourself

#10 Fen

Fen
  • CotP Knight
  • 663 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:06 AM

an official first draft has been written. while im yet to get any models the start of the campaign has been written and that main hard part is over, its getting models and painting them now, tezcat was out of town for 2 weeks so no terrain has been done and i just bought aoc so no models for me yet, but i most likely will be purchasing them in the next few weeks, ill buy enough in one go to get a mission played out and ready for post, Mission 1 will be up in the next 4-8 weeks i promise, i know thats a long time but i have to earn money for the models on my casual job so yeah bear with me, BUT, there will be a new topic posted in the next few weeks which will be the start of the lore of the campaign, i look forward to showing you all

#11 Fen

Fen
  • CotP Knight
  • 663 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:04 AM

ok as you can see ive already posted, but we are playing out the campaign using vassal because we dont want to wait, dont fret for we are going to write a more epic seperate campaign with characters and a story, and we will be using real models and terrain, so battle 1 is up, and in the next few weeks there will be battle 2, since its late only part of battle 1 will be up, but in the next 12 - 24 hours itll all be up, we hope you enjoy immensly, for this is only the beginning

#12 Lev

Lev
  • CotP Knight
  • 1001 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:18 AM

I saw :) it's looking very cool.

#13 Fen

Fen
  • CotP Knight
  • 663 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:38 AM

ok, so we have most of the battle up so far, but since i had to leave for work today tezcatlipoca went home (we were playing this over LAN, so we didnt make use of our shiny new vent channel :D anyways, because tezcat dosent have the net connected atm 9he just moved houses) we wont be able to finish the fight until he has internet on, as soon as its connected the battle will be finished

#14 Fen

Fen
  • CotP Knight
  • 663 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:19 AM

okies, next week battle 1 will be finished!!! YAY, Tezcat is STILL having trouble with his ISP, so hes coming back to my place to finish it off LAN style, major pro, so, battle 1 will be done, and the outcome of that will set the stage for battle 2