•  

Important Announcement!

Founders Week; Begins Thursday, March 27

Go say hi to the new family members from The Empyrean Order in the Pathfinder Forum!

Close Open
Close Open
Photo
- - - - -

Characters

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Delmar

Delmar
  • CotP Sentinel
  • Others: Group Admin, VIP
  • 8237 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA
  • Active Game:Star Wars: The Old Republic

Donator

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:34 AM

Both character sheets are to you.  The warlord still needs to be revised once you decide on the Genasi issue.

#42 Arelos

Arelos
  • CotP Knight
  • 1769 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Active Game:Elder Scrolls Online

Donator

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:16 AM

... And it would seem that I cannot log into my newer Gmail account at this point, either. Made it after the PC problems and haven't read it in a month, so what's to be expected? My secondary is Queerhedgewizard@gmail.com. Got a sort of obsession with that term, Tagon. Wouldn't fit as a LIVE tag btw  :'(

#43 Killercod

Killercod

Guardian

• CotP Guardian
  • 3209 posts
  • LocationBetween 0 and 1
  • Active Game:Guild Wars 2

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:52 PM

I don't mind mixing Forgotten Realms elements into the game...we may not change much this module (as far as the setting and such) but player races are fine with me.

#44 Liquid Wolf

Liquid Wolf
  • CotP Paladin
  • Others: CotP Workforce, Elder Scrolls Online Leader, Group Admin
  • 1846 posts
  • LocationLaramie, WY
  • Active Game:Elder Scrolls Online

Donator

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:04 PM

Liaden and Beorn Backgrounds:

Liaden is a half-elf who is trying to find out about his mother Merelain, and where she went to.  All he has is a name, probably false, and that she was an elf with magical powers. Son of a woodsman who lived near Riverdown, he met Beorn at a tavern near his home. Liaden was delivering a package for his father to someone that needed it in the town nearby when, while resting in a tavern, he overheard Beorn asking about a woodsman that lived near Riverdown. Liaden spoke to him implying he might know where to go... for a price.

Treading the conversation lightly, Liaden bought Beorn a few rounds and got his story: Beorn's cousin, Thaydin, had a feud with a witch woman a year or so back and got a wasting curse laid on him. Beorn immediately chased after the woman and lost her trail a few towns back. After questioning some traders, Beorn heard of an Elvin witch and the woodsman who had an affair and came to see if it might be the same woman. Drunken, he vowed to kill her to get this curse off of his cousin and would force information out of the woodsman if he had to.

Liaden offered to take the dwarf to the woodsman's cottage for a few silver. On their trek back to the cottage through the woods, Liaden led Beorn into one of the net traps his father had laid down. As Beorn struggled to get out, Liaden told the dwarf who he was and that he was looking for the woman too... but that he would not permit someone to hurt his father.  After some cursing, threats upon the Strong, assertive woman?s offspring, and vowing that he would save his cousin... Liaden threatened to leave him out here for the animals to play with. In frustration, Beorn promised not to harm Liaden or his father if he just let him out. Liaden let him down.

Beorn commented that Liaden was a coward for not confronting him right away, and resorting to nasty tricks... Liaden retorted that Beorn got what he deserved for threatening a good man he didn't even know.

When they got to the cottage, Liaden informed his father that someone wanted to speak with him. After introductions Beorn struck right to the point and after providing a careful description of the woman he was looking for, Liaden's father knew it would have to be the same woman. Liaden stayed silent and his father glanced at him knowing certain truths would be uncovered.

He revealed that he had found Merelain gravely injured and unconscious near one of his regular traps one day. He took her home and took care of her for some time before she woke up. For a few weeks he helped her get better. They enjoyed the woods, spent time talking and getting to know each other... she avoided talk about her past, what happened to her, and only gave her name as Merelain? but Liaden?s father wasn?t the type of man to push and left her secrets alone till she was ready. They loved each other. After about 2 months she finally disappeared leaving a note saying that she was sorry but she had something to finish and thanked Liaden's father for the time they shared.

During their time together, Liaden's father noticed that she had been very knowledgeable of larger cities and locations nearby. There was something about her that always seemed a little dark, but she always tried to keep it down and hidden. He had even caught her holding a tiny flame in the palm of her hand one night when she thought he had not been around...

She had been running from something... or to something... and Liaden's father wasn't going to ask until she was ready.... but she left before that came about. Months later Liaden showed up on his doorstep with a single note pinned to him - "Our son Liaden - Merelain".

Liaden informed his father that he was going to accompany Beorn for a bit and see if he could locate his mother. His father accepted his wishes and gave his son what he could for the journey. He also listed a few locations that Merelain seemed to have quite a bit of familiarity with? places she seemed to know something about. Winterhaven had been one of them, so Beorn and Liaden set off to see what they could find.

Takes me a while to write :P
So I hope you like it.

#45 Tagon

Tagon

Social Media Director.

• CotP Sentinel
  • 3345 posts
  • LocationOgden Utah
  • Active Game:Guild Wars 2
Contributor

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:27 PM

I really enjoyed that back story.