News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Characters

Killercod

During the weekdays I can never set aside time for gaming, I'm on when I can be. I think it best if you planned my fourth level for me, unless it's easier the other way?

How long have we been working on character sheets? I remember them being required at first but then dumped as we all used the pre-made sheets.

My primary will be a cleric, which Tagon sent me the pre-generated character sheet on.  For an alt, I might want to try a Ranger, but I need to find a sheet on it.  I have dragged myself away from GW to read these threads and all the background (it was hard as I am so close to my elite armor).

There is a ton of stuff on token and macro creation, enough to make your head spin. Is there a way someone could send me a generic token so that I could edit it?

I will be joining all of you on Saturday, but I go on-call for work this week as of Monday night.  So there is a slight chance I could get called during the game, network infrastructures have no respect for weekends.

Arelos:  The pre-made sheets only go up to Level 3, and the starting level for this module is 4.  Some of us have even made it to level 5, so the sheets are once again necessary to keep up with our advancement...:(

Zenobia:  Welcome to the Party!  I'm glad they are going to have a replacement Cleric to aid them, I just hope she can swing her mace better than KC did...:)

My primary will be a cleric, which Tagon sent me the pre-generated character sheet on.  For an alt, I might want to try a Ranger, but I need to find a sheet on it.  I have dragged myself away from GW to read these threads and all the background (it was hard as I am so close to my elite armor).

There is a ton of stuff on token and macro creation, enough to make your head spin. Is there a way someone could send me a generic token so that I could edit it?

I will be joining all of you on Saturday, but I go on-call for work this week as of Monday night.  So there is a slight chance I could get called during the game, network infrastructures have no respect for weekends.

Zen I would be more then happy to help you get a ranger set up, like I told you my week is a little busy for the next while, but email is a wonderful thing. Send me what you are looking for and I will help you get started. As to the token maybe KC can send you his cleric token so you can get an idea on how to make one.

Arelos I have a lvl 4 wizard sheet made again it is excel but I will be more then happy to send it to you.

Tagon, that would be much appreciated.

My dad might have excel on his computer, but I am afraid I do not. Until I find out I cannot update it.

Tagon, that would be much appreciated.

My dad might have excel on his computer, but I am afraid I do not. Until I find out I cannot update it.

Sent to the email address I have for you. If it has changed let me know

KC sent my sheets to you also.

And so everyone can have a nice little preview.

Sword Mage Storm Genasi - Raeya

489_11_01_09_10_31_52.png

Rouge Halfling - Tagon

489_11_01_09_10_32_21.png

And just in case we end up really short handed

DragonBorn Paladin - Draos

489_11_01_09_10_31_07.png

Liaden the Ranger and Beorn the Fighter will be returning for this campaign.

I will be using the same character sheets.

Let me know if there will be a problem with them.

I am also willing to help with ranger setups :)

Tagon, I've been using Hedge_Wizard@Gmail.com for some while now, not sure if I've set it as my public email for the forums. After the PC problems, I havent been able to login or recover my old email. Send it to the new one please.

VERY nice pogs Tagon!

And i would be glad to donate KC's token to the next cleric...just change the face and you should be ready to go up to Level 4...I haven't leveled it up to 5 yet...:)

You'll have to edit it inside the maptool while connected to a campaign file that has the right properties set though...if that sounds like greek you'll see why when we start playing...:)

This week has been horribly busy for me at work.  I've been working on my character sheets, but I may not be able to get both of them to you until Friday, KC.  I'm sorry about that.

KC, for the new characters, how do you want to handle our starting equipment, money, magic items, etc?

Not a problem amigo, I've been slammed all week myself.  Fortunately, I've got the module ready to crank off Saturday!

As for starting equipment, you can just use whatever is listed on the pre made character sheets (standard adventurers kit and a weapon/armor fitting your character class).  Those of you who have loot from H1 will be a little better off, but there will be some opportunities to obtain better (maybe even enchanced) items in Thunderspire!

First one is off to you, KC.  Delmar Windsong, Eladrin Warlord.  I wanted to do Genasi because the bonuses are to Strength and Intelligence, which are my two main assets, but I wasn't sure if we were allowed to use races from the Forgotten Realms Player's Handbook.

If you say its alright to use Genasi, I'll change races because that will give me enough points to raise my CON high enough to use plate armor, which I think I'm going to need as I anticipate being a tank for the group.

Either way, I'm going to change my feats around, so once you let me know about using a Genasi, I'll send you my updated sheet.

My second is going to be a Warlock.  I'm working on it now.

Sorry KC, I have to finish on my character sheet tomorrow.  Work has been overwhelming this week, I haven't even been in GW the past few days. I am such a loser I haven't even worked on my pog.

... And it would seem that I cannot log into my newer Gmail account at this point, either. Made it after the PC problems and haven't read it in a month, so what's to be expected? My secondary is Queerhedgewizard@gmail.com. Got a sort of obsession with that term, Tagon. Wouldn't fit as a LIVE tag btw  :'(

Liaden and Beorn Backgrounds:

Liaden is a half-elf who is trying to find out about his mother Merelain, and where she went to. All he has is a name, probably false, and that she was an elf with magical powers. Son of a woodsman who lived near Riverdown, he met Beorn at a tavern near his home. Liaden was delivering a package for his father to someone that needed it in the town nearby when, while resting in a tavern, he overheard Beorn asking about a woodsman that lived near Riverdown. Liaden spoke to him implying he might know where to go... for a price.

Treading the conversation lightly, Liaden bought Beorn a few rounds and got his story: Beorn's cousin, Thaydin, had a feud with a witch woman a year or so back and got a wasting curse laid on him. Beorn immediately chased after the woman and lost her trail a few towns back. After questioning some traders, Beorn heard of an Elvin witch and the woodsman who had an affair and came to see if it might be the same woman. Drunken, he vowed to kill her to get this curse off of his cousin and would force information out of the woodsman if he had to.

Liaden offered to take the dwarf to the woodsman's cottage for a few silver. On their trek back to the cottage through the woods, Liaden led Beorn into one of the net traps his father had laid down. As Beorn struggled to get out, Liaden told the dwarf who he was and that he was looking for the woman too... but that he would not permit someone to hurt his father. After some cursing, threats upon the Strong, assertive woman?s offspring, and vowing that he would save his cousin... Liaden threatened to leave him out here for the animals to play with. In frustration, Beorn promised not to harm Liaden or his father if he just let him out. Liaden let him down.

Beorn commented that Liaden was a coward for not confronting him right away, and resorting to nasty tricks... Liaden retorted that Beorn got what he deserved for threatening a good man he didn't even know.

When they got to the cottage, Liaden informed his father that someone wanted to speak with him. After introductions Beorn struck right to the point and after providing a careful description of the woman he was looking for, Liaden's father knew it would have to be the same woman. Liaden stayed silent and his father glanced at him knowing certain truths would be uncovered.

He revealed that he had found Merelain gravely injured and unconscious near one of his regular traps one day. He took her home and took care of her for some time before she woke up. For a few weeks he helped her get better. They enjoyed the woods, spent time talking and getting to know each other... she avoided talk about her past, what happened to her, and only gave her name as Merelain? but Liaden?s father wasn?t the type of man to push and left her secrets alone till she was ready. They loved each other. After about 2 months she finally disappeared leaving a note saying that she was sorry but she had something to finish and thanked Liaden's father for the time they shared.

During their time together, Liaden's father noticed that she had been very knowledgeable of larger cities and locations nearby. There was something about her that always seemed a little dark, but she always tried to keep it down and hidden. He had even caught her holding a tiny flame in the palm of her hand one night when she thought he had not been around...

She had been running from something... or to something... and Liaden's father wasn't going to ask until she was ready.... but she left before that came about. Months later Liaden showed up on his doorstep with a single note pinned to him - "Our son Liaden - Merelain".

Liaden informed his father that he was going to accompany Beorn for a bit and see if he could locate his mother. His father accepted his wishes and gave his son what he could for the journey. He also listed a few locations that Merelain seemed to have quite a bit of familiarity with? places she seemed to know something about. Winterhaven had been one of them, so Beorn and Liaden set off to see what they could find.

Takes me a while to write :P

So I hope you like it.