News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Trading Post

Killercod

Alas, Winterhaven is a small village and they are not normally stocked there...though I would think with your merry band hanging around there some merchant would think of acquiring some for sale!  Perhaps you will find a well stocked provisioners shop in Thunderspire...:)

Following our first session, is there any opportunity to sell our loot at this point?

If so, I'd like to sell:

1 robe

1 quarterstaff

2 suit of scale armor

1 heavy shield

1 flail

1 crossbow

1 warhammer

There are basically three shops to deal with in Thunderspire:  The Halfmoon trading post, Drekskins Provision Shop, and the Grimmerzul Trading Post. 

After visiting all of these and showing your wares, you recieve the following for your items:

1 robe = 5sp

1 quarterstaff = 2gp

2 suit of scale armor = 22gp each

1 heavy shield = 5gp

1 flail = 12gp

1 crossbow = 12gp

1 warhammer = 7gp

for a grand total of = 82gp 5sp

Tagon

Upon arrival at the Halfmoon you inquire about healing potions, and the halflings refer you to the Temple of Hidden Light and the Grimmerzuhl Trading Post for those things. 

The dwarves of the Grimmerzuhl are less than friendly, but offer to sell you healing potions for 100gp each.  They have about a dozen in stock.

Phaledra, the Preistess of the Temple of Light, bids you welcome and asks that you tithe the Goddess Erathis for such things.  She said she can provide a potion for each tithing of 50gp, and has six of them available at the moment.  She also tells you that she can perform Gentle Repose and Raise Dead rituals if needed, and only asks that the cost of the ritual components be placed in the shrine.

The dwarves take your 1200gp and advise you that they will try to have more in stock soon.

Phaledra thanks you graciously for your 300gp offering to Erathis and bids you farewell.  She says that she will try to make some more for you as soon as she can, though she hopes you won't need them...

Liaden, in his spare time, has gone shopping for enhanced bows, great axes, and armor.

Checking with different merchants and asking the tavern keeper if he recommended a place. Also, healing scrolls/kits/potions... if the rogue has not cornered the market.

What has he found o.o???

First...THAT IS AN AWESOME FREAKIN SIGNATURE BANNER!!!

And...unfortunately Tagon has cleaned out the healing items in the Seven Pillar Hall for the time being; they are not prepared to equip an army down here!  Perhaps more will appear soon:  in fact, they will be posted here!  First come, First served... :devil

Now, while checking out the local shops you stop in at Gendar's Curios and Relics.  He immediately recognizes you as part of the adventure group and greets you with a smile.

"Ah, an adventurer come to seek magical and mystical items to aid him in his travels!"  The old Drow smirks "I have just the thing for you..."  Gendar goes into the back of his shop for a moment and comes back out carrying a fine ashwood longbow.  Curved in the Elvish style, the fine ashwood has steel braces near the grip which have blue stones embedded in it...almost glowing.  The grip itself is a fine leather wrap.  " I hear tell this belonged to an elf who was foolish enough to go wandering the Labrynith alone.  Never been used, only dropped once..."  Gendar plucks the bowstring and it rings with an almost musical tone and he hands the bow to you. "Only 800gp..."

15_21_01_09_9_37_33.png

First...THAT IS AN AWESOME FREAKIN SIGNATURE BANNER!!!

And...unfortunately Tagon has cleaned out the healing items in the Seven Pillar Hall for the time being; they are not prepared to equip an army down here!  Perhaps more will appear soon:  in fact, they will be posted here!  First come, First served... :devil

Now, while checking out the local shops you stop in at Gendar's Curios and Relics.  He immediately recognizes you as part of the adventure group and greets you with a smile.

"Ah, an adventurer come to seek magical and mystical items to aid him in his travels!"  The old Drow smirks "I have just the thing for you..."  Gendar goes into the back of his shop for a moment and comes back out carrying a fine ashwood longbow.  Curved in the Elvish style, the fine ashwood has steel braces near the grip which have blue stones embedded in it...almost glowing.  The grip itself is a fine leather wrap.  " I hear tell this belonged to an elf who was foolish enough to go wandering the Labrynith alone.  Never been used, only dropped once..."  Gendar plucks the bowstring and it rings with an almost musical tone and he hands the bow to you. "Only 800gp..."

15_21_01_09_9_37_33.png

Liaden examines the bow closely, impressed but skeptical...

Liaden loudly says, "My father once described a bow like this to me, saying he once had the opportunity to fire one a long time ago in his youth... He knew what he valued it at, and now that I see this one up close I must agree. Though an instrument of beauty and power, this surely couldn't be worth more than 650 gold. Particularly if this fine piece of equipment was scavenged from the corpse of some poor fool who obviously didn't know how to use it... much less take care of it."

Liaden thinks for a minute before saying, "I'll give you 680 for it." <Haggle check // Diplomacy? +6>

[ooc: Let the bartering begin!!!]

Gendar squints and looks at you for a moment, then laughs a little "A shrewd man!  I like the cut of your jib, fine sir.  I tell you what, I'll let it go for 700, and I'll throw in a quiver (20) of arrows to go with it." 

He pauses for a moment, as if deciding, then shrugs and says "If you buy it and use it, you'll come back for more...and if you don't come back, then I'll probably end up with the bow to sell again anyway!  Though I honestly hope you will be back to spend more of your hard earned gold here...I always have the best "unique" items here in the Hall."

Gendar squints and looks at you for a moment, then laughs a little "A shrewd man!  I like the cut of your jib, fine sir.  I tell you what, I'll let it go for 700, and I'll throw in a quiver (20) of arrows to go with it." 

He pauses for a moment, as if deciding, then shrugs and says "If you buy it and use it, you'll come back for more...and if you don't come back, then I'll probably end up with the bow to sell again anyway!  Though I honestly hope you will be back to spend more of your hard earned gold here...I always have the best "unique" items here in the Hall."

Liaden agrees to the amount, handing the gold over before bidding farewell to the shop keeper, promising to return. He takes his bow and quiver with him, contemplating how he was going to tell Beorn there wasn't anything available...

Ah well... best hope something in this labyrinth would drop something for him.

Liaden examines the bow on his way back, remembering his father... Liaden hoped that he would be able to show his father the bow he got... perhaps even let him fire it again.

I go to merchant to merchant looking for the best prices for the following.

1 Short swords

2 morning star

2 daggers

1 longbow

2 chainmail

3 scale armors

2 heavy shields

3 long swords

2 flails

2 crossbows

2 leather armors

1 Spears

2 Battleaxe

2 Gems

1 Mace

1 hide armors

1 lite shields

1 belt of sacrifices(lvl7)

I also look for more healing potions to buy

Since it's not in your best interest to go shopping at Grimmerzuls at the moment, we'll leave that location off the list.  All the other shops come up empty at the moment.

You find Phaledra and she is quite surprised.  She tells you she hasn't had much of a chance to make more since your last visit, but that she does have three (3) more at the moment.  The tithe is the same as before...50gp each.

You show your wares around the Hall and get the following price offers for your loot (special items list the vendor making the offer, the common items are best price between the various merchant available):

Belt of Sacrifice = 2000gp from Gendars shop

3 scale armor = 22gp each

2 heavy shield = 5gp each

2 flail = 5gp each

2 crossbow = 12gp each

1 warhammer = 7gp

3 longswords = 7gp

1 Short swords = 5gp

2 morning star = 5gp

2 daggers = 50sp each

1 longbow = 15gp

2 chainmail = 20gp

2 leather armors = 12gp each

1 Spears = 2gp

2 Battleaxe = 7gp each

2 Gems = 100gp each from Deepgem Company

1 Mace = 3gp each

1 hide armors = 15gp each

1 lite shields = 2gp

Grand total for all items = 2469gp

I happily make my tithe for the 3 potions

I accept the offers on all other items except the belt.

"Gendar I know what this item is worth and can not take less then 2400 GP for it" (Diplomacy +5)

Delmar and Kelimbor follow Tagon around looking for bargains as well.  They seek to sell:

3 leather mail

2 chain mail

2 scale mail

1 warhammer

1 battleaxe

2 morning stars

1 flail

1 longsword

1 mace

2 daggers

1 heavy shield

1 light shield

2 crossbows

Delmar and Kelimbor decide to hang on to the 3 Deepgem Company gems (100gp each) they have, as well as the 2 daggers and 30 bolts.

"Gendar I know what this item is worth and can not take less then 2400 GP for it"

Gendar responds "Worth is a point of view my friend, many things are worth different ammounts inside and outside this mountain.  Given the nature of that belt, I may be the only one in this mountain who wants to buy it!  So, lets say 2200gp..."  He pauses, then asks "You haven't happened to see a rather odd looking staff in your travels yet, have you?"

Delmar and Kelimbor follow Tagon around looking for bargains as well.  They seek to sell:

You shop your wares to the various merchants in the Hall and get the following offers:

3 leather mail = 12gp each

2 chain mail = 20gp each

2 scale mail = 22gp each

1 warhammer = 7gp

1 battleaxe = 7gp

2 morning stars = 5gp each

1 flail = 5gp

1 longsword = 7gp

1 mace = 3gp

2 daggers = 50sp each

1 heavy shield = 5gp

1 light shield = 2gp

2 crossbows = 12gp each

Grand Total = 191gp

Gendar responds "Worth is a point of view my friend, many things are worth different ammounts inside and outside this mountain.  Given the nature of that belt, I may be the only one in this mountain who wants to buy it!  So, lets say 2200gp..."  He pauses, then asks "You haven't happened to see a rather odd looking staff in your travels yet, have you?"

"You have a deal 2200GP...A staff...hmm not yet. Tell me more and I will keep my eyes open for the item."

Tell me more and I will keep my eyes open for the item

Gendar looks at you sideways and scowls "You know exactly what your partner knows; what it looks like, that it's mine, and I'm willing to pay for it's return.  Also know that I have other parties looking for it now, so the offer is up for grabs:  first come, first paid!"

Gendar looks at you sideways and scowls "You know exactly what your partner knows; what it looks like, that it's mine, and I'm willing to pay for it's return.  Also know that I have other parties looking for it now, so the offer is up for grabs:  first come, first paid!"

"Perhaps if you were willing to offer something closer to what such an item is worth, we would be more willing to look for it."

"Perhaps if you were willing to offer something closer to what such an item is worth, we would be more willing to look for it."

"There you go again, thinking you know something about business!"  Gendar laughs in a sour tone. "How would you know what something is worth if you've never seen it?  And who are you going to find that it's worth anything to but me here in this Hall!"  He starts to walk to the back of his shop, pausing a moment before disappearing behind the curtain. "Do what you will, rougue."

Liaden decides to sell his equipment before they return to the labyrinth.

1 Magical Chainmail - Liaden searches for an individual to examine this item, to figure it's abilities and value, before potentially selling it.

He hopes to find some potions, or other healing supplies, but feels he might be a little to late to get that. He also continues to search for a great-axe for Beorn.

Liaden returns to Gendar, hoping to continue to improve his current relationship with him by giving the man the opportunity to take stock. Liaden has this that he would like to sell:

3 gems

3 leather armor

2 chain armor

1 scale armor

1 battleaxe

1 morning star

1 flail

1 war hammer

1 shortsword

1 robe

1 quarterstaff

2 daggers

2 crossbows

He walks into the shop, a smile on his face and says, "I might have a few things that would interest you, but only if your willing to part with some of that gold you keep close at night!"