News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Trading Post

Killercod

Liaden decides to sell his equipment before they return to the labyrinth.

Gendar greets you, as warmly as a greedy drow greets anyone.  He purveys your wears and gives you the following prices:

3 gems = 100gp each

3 leather armor = 12gp each

2 chain armor = 20gp each

1 scale armor = 22gp

1 battleaxe = 7gp

1 morning star = 5gp

1 flail = 5gp

1 war hammer = 7gp

1 shortsword = 5gp

1 robe = 1gp

1 quarterstaff = 5gp

2 daggers = 50sp each

2 crossbows = 12gp each

for a grand total of = 446 gold

More to come in next post...:)

More to come in next post...

Gendar eyes your chainmail closely for several minutes, seemingly deep in thought.  He finally looks up at you and says "I recognize this, look here behind the belt, there is a makers mark.  This comes from the elven smiths of the Hammerstone forrest, far from here.  Very fine made, high quality, and in excellent shape!" 

Gendar offers to buy the armor from you for 3,000gp or you may pay him 100gp for identifying the item for you.

Elven Chainmail +2 (total bonus of +8 to AC)

15_31_01_09_4_33_06.jpg

Gedar says that he does have some Great Axes in stock, but they are not anything magical or special (standard 1d12 damage martial weapon).  He offers to sell you one for 30gp.

Gendar also again mentions the staff he's looking for before you leave his shop, and offers you a "special discount" should you find it and bring it back to him

You also search the Hall high and low for some healing potions, but it seems Tagon has been everywhere you go, just before you get there!  Fortunately, you catch a traveling merchant passing through the Hall that has not been bought out yet.  He has two potions in his possession which he offers to sell to you for 60gp each (120gp total).

Liaden thanks Gendar for his assistance and pays the 100GP for the examination, stating he will take the chainmail for now.

Liaden listens about the staff and states that he will keep his eyes open for the item, and will be sure to bring it if he finds it.

He gladly grabs the potions... giving one to himself and one to Beorn. Thanking the merchant.

• 2 months later...

What about the bell?!

And my minotaur statue... and the flaming maul... and the magical warhammer...

oh blast... Beorn has a lot of stuff he has been hoarding...

What about the bell?!  And my minotaur statue... and the flaming maul... and the magical warhammer...

You forgot about the dragon head we are going to mount in the store.

Guess I got alot of photoshopping to do... :nerd

• 2 weeks later...

Since we've been in the Well so long, you guys are going to have to remind me from who and where you picked up your items that you want identified...;)

I got a fancy cloak, I don't think it was magic, or maybe just +2 bling.

I say we mount the dragon's head and get someone to enchant it to watch for shoplifters.  It could roar when it sees a thief.

I say we mount the dragon's head and get someone to enchant it to watch for shoplifters.  It could roar when it sees a thief.

lol, that is an outstanding idea  :D

Liaden gathers up the stuff Beorn and him had and goes to get them valued:

1 x Bell that drives people crazy (still protected with the cloth)

1 x Black Book describing Bapomet and his beliefs

1 x Gold/Jeweled minotaur statue (From before the trading post. Chamber of eyes I believe.)

1 x Magical Warhammer of unknown origin.

1 x Flaming Maul of something

(I believe from Murkelmoor or Kalmarath... Beorn got them both on the same night I believe... or within two sessions, but it was after we got the shop. I don't believe anyone else could use the warhammer, as the cleric couldn't take it.)

Liaden wonders if the slaves are still around in an attempt to see if they knew/heard the whereabouts of his father... he holds onto his father's longbow to see if anyone else would remember the man that had it.

And so, the party takes a trip to our favorite appraiser...Grendar!

Zenobia:  Your cloak is in fact a Elvish Cloak +2 (AC).  This cloak is crafted of swirling hand crafted golden leaves, in the elven tradition.  This particular cloak is a level 5 item and is valued at 1000gp.

Tagon:  You take your gloves to be appraised and find out that they are SHADOWFELL GLOVES.  These supple black gloves, woven with Shadowfell thread, are highly prized by wizards and warlocks.  This particular pair is a level 6 item valued at 1,600gp.  Power (Daily - Necrotic): Minor Action. Change the damage type dealt by the next arcane power you use to necrotic. Add 1d6 to the damage dealt by that power (if any). Level 16: Add 2d6 to the damage dealt. Level 26: Add 3d6 to the damage dealt.

Liaden:

The golden bell is cursed, but still an item of curiosity.  The bell will magically activate and pierce the hand of anyone who picks it up properly that is not of Chaotic/Evil alignment.  The effect of striking the bell is always the same:  A wave of anger, hate, and resentment washes over anyone in range and if they fail to make a saving throw they will attack a random person near them regardless of whether they are friend or foe.  Grendar offers you 200gp for it.

The Tome of Baphomet is another arcane curiosity.  It possesses no magical powers or abilities, but is an intriguing and accurate tale of the deity and his cult.  Grendar offers you 25gp for it.

The gold and jeweled Minotaur statue is a beautiful work of art and Grendar offers you 500gp for it.

Your Flaming Maul is a +2 (to hit/damage) magical item recovered from Murkelmoor.  It is valued at 1000gp.

Your Warhammer was the weapon wielded by Farmarth.  It is not magical but due to it's extra fine dwarven construction it has a +1 to hit and damage.  It is valued at 300gp.

The slaves are long gone, headed back to their homes...

• 2 weeks later...

Liaden agrees to sell the Tome, the statue, and the warhammer.

He is certain Beorn will want the maul.

He holds onto the bell... he has plans for it.

(Is that 825 then? or do I need to factor it percentages of value?)

825 total, minus the 100gp fee for the appraisals...so 725 total.  Since you guys are doing a volume business here lately, he only charged you 100gp each this time to identify ALL your items...