RIFT: Chat Channel Tutorial
Some of our members have said that they often miss things in guild chat due to all of the information scrolling through their one chat window. That in mind, I have created the following Tutorial explaining how to break out your Chat tabs. Enjoy!
1. Right click on your "General" chat tab, and choose "Create New Window". Name as desired.
2. Right click on the new chat tab, and choose "Settings".
3. There are 5 pages on the chat settings menu. Go through each of the 5 and check/uncheck which boxes correspond to the chat messages you want. For example, if you were to create a "Guild Chat" tab that only contains Guild Chat, you would go through the settings pages and uncheck every box except "Guild" chat. Note that it is a good idea to leave "Guild" in your "General" chat tab as well.
4. I would also suggest that you create a "Loots" tab when you only have the boxes checked on the "Loot Messages" settings page. Uncheck everything else for this tab. You will next want to go to the settings of your "General" chat tab and uncheck all of the boxes of the "Loot Messages" page. There is no reason to have all of the spam messages in your "General" chat. Now if you need it you can always just take a look at your "Loots" tab.
5. Now you can go ahead and customize your chat tabs however you would like. I personally just keep the extra Guild and Loots tabs, and Combat in a separate Chat window entirely. With all combat and loot messages out of the way of my General tab, there is far less "message scrolling" going on and I can actually read my General chat. I also know that if I may have missed something in Guild chat, I can just switch to my second tab to check only that type of message.
As always, if you have any questions - please feel free to ask.