News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Guild House Fundraising and Pledges

See this spreadsheet for Rouhet's more real-time donation tracking into the bank

Vote here for Housing location (Grid tied with Limsa - Feb 10)

Vote here for House size ('Large' leading by fourteen - Feb 10)

Femi's Spiritbonding Mondays

The intention of this post is to list the pledges and donations of all members so we all know how close to the goal we are... all the while allowing us to keep the gil in our pockets without having to tie it up in the guild bank.

If you pledge, make sure you have the gil when it comes time that we need it to make our purchase, but please do not pledge more gil than you think you can reasonably make by the stated target date below.  I do not want anyone feeling compelled to play the game and make money.

This is 100% voluntary so even if you cannot don't wish to donate, no one will hold it against you.

e.x.   $2,000,000 - Rav Ara ($1,000,000)   <----  1st # is pledge, included is the 2nd, which is the deposited amount

Goal:   $30,000,000  ....by mid-to-late February

$  3,500,000 - Arsenix - (1,614,900)

$     500,000 - Lho'a  - (25,000)

$     573,600 - Denique - (573,600)

$  2,000,000 - Rouhet - (932,600)

$10,000,000 - Rav

$  2,000,000 - Kibal - (778,551)

$  3,053,503 - Femi - (3,053,503)

$  1,000,001 - Mikielle - (1,000,001)

$     550,000 - Denique - (550,000)

$     859,600 - Sabin - (859,600)

$     700,000 - Schlade - (700,000)

$  2,000,000 - Gammon  - (628,910)

$     500,000 - Zarganth - (349,800)

$__,___,___

Subtotals:   

$27,236,704 - (11,066,465)

$  4,533,535 - sub 500k dontations

$31,770,239

In Bank: 

$ 15,600,000  (as of 2/09 11:45pm)

Fundraising Ideas:

• Spritbonding: Get one of our high level crafters to make you spiritbonding jewelry, or buy it off the marketplace.  Run dungeons or farm content until the jewelry is spiritbonded.  Convert the jewelry to high level materia.  Profit!
    • Philosophy Tome Materials: Philosophy tomes are rewarded for high level dungeon completion.  Each philo tome crafting mat is selling for ~5k, and costs 125 philo tomes to purchase.  Sell them on your retainers, or shout in Revenant's Toll so buyers can choose!
    • Beast Tribe Daily Quests: Regular quests give escalating gil rewards, depending on your beast tribe reputation.
    • Material Farming: Crafters need creature drops to make their wares.  Talk to a seasoned crafter about the best items to farm, and spiritbind while you're at it.
    • Crafting: Talk to a seasoned crafter about ways to do this!

Donation Incentives:  

• Any guild member who donates 2 million gil or more will be given an honorary guild rank
    • I will craft for you upon donation or purchase** (only highest tier achieved rewarded):
      • 500k donated - Stack of 99 of any NQ Food 1 Star or below  -  Arsenix, Rouhet, Kibal, Mikielle, Denique, Sabin
      • 1 mil donated - Stack of 99 of any NQ Potion 1 Star or below
      • 1.5m donated - Stack of 99 of any HQ Potion 1 Star or below
      • 2 mil donated - Stack of 99 of any HQ Food 1 Star or below - Femi
      • 2.5m donated - Stack of 99 of any HQ Potion 2 Star or below
      • 3 mil donated - Stack of 99 of any HQ Food 2 Star or below

**exceptions may apply for items with ridiculously rare or expensive mats (sherry, pudding flesh). Notifying me of choice in advance is appreciated.

Edited by Rav

Seeing as I'm uber poor and a low level, but still would like to donate, I'll pledge 50% of the Gil I make a day with the goal of 500,000 over eight weeks.

****Updated 12/18 - Rav

Ok my 2 gil here.

Not everyone is a big fan of public displays of things like this and it can actually make some people not participate, or it can make people feel uncomfortable if they don't and therefore guilt them into doing it... we should assure people that this is 100% purely voluntary.

I have yet to pledge anything myself for a bit of the above situation and the fact I haven't been able to play more then 6-8 hours a week for a couple months now, however in the end I will like have a mill or 2 to put in, however, it would be nice to see our officers show their support as I only see 3 of them so far, not trying to call them out at all but hey it is hard for members to see the value in putting funds into the bank if the leaders aren't even willing to...

I'd like to pledge 2 million, and that's what I'm going for, but I have no idea how fast I'd be able to make it.   It's very hard to determine how the market will be and what kind of income we'll be getting with the new patch just through daily quests and what not.  I've been working on crafting as well, so that's another variable I have to add in.  In any case I'd "like" to donate 250k a week.  Whether or not I can is a question left unanswered as of yet (I don't actually spend money beyond travel and repairs).  I should be able to put in 250k this week in any case, and will go from there.

****Updated 12/28 - Rav

Ok my 2 gil here.

Not everyone is a big fan of public displays of things like this and it can actually make some people not participate, or it can make people feel uncomfortable if they don't and therefore guilt them into doing it... we should assure people that this is 100% purely voluntary.

Do you feel bad when a celebrity donates a million dollars in real life to a real charity?  Do you wish you had a million dollars you could donate? 

Yes, this is 100% voluntary but if we want a large house like everyone wants...its going to take 60-80 million gil.  We have 2 million right now so a little incentive and even friendly competition (for a good house..a home for all of us)..is not such a bad thing. 

Just do what you can, no one is forcing you to farm or donate any gil at all.  We will get there eventually.

I'd like to pledge 2 million, and that's what I'm going for, but I have no idea how fast I'd be able to make it.   It's very hard to determine how the market will be and what kind of income we'll be getting with the new patch just through daily quests and what not.  I've been working on crafting as well, so that's another variable I have to add in.  In any case I'd "like" to donate 250k a week.  Whether or not I can is a question left unanswered as of yet (I don't actually spend money beyond travel and repairs).  I should be able to put in 250k this week in any case, and will go from there.

It's best to pledge what you can donate now... as if we decided to buy the house tomorrow soon. To Aziler's concern as well, I don't want you to pledge much more than Gil you do not have yet, and consequently feel compelled to reach that mark, possibly at the expense of doing other activities both in game or out that you would otherwise rather do.

Pledging rather than constantly throwing all your Gil in the FC bank will both allow you to keep your cash on you (need money to make money) and provide us will the knowledge of how close we are to the goal.

Edited by Rav
    added words to clarify my stance on the subject, a pledge should be more than you have, but accurate to what you can achieve without putting yourself in a position you might not want to find yourself in

Up my pledge to 2 mil, I don't craft and am terrible at in-game economies but I'll do what I can to reach that goal :)

****Updated 12/27 - Rav

Updated, and changed goal to 30 million by mid-to-late February.  This may be enough after the decrease in a couple weeks..we'll see.

Also I'd like to see more pledges, updated pledges....looking at you Femi...

Updated today.  We are on the right track I think...we all need to keep pushing a bit if we want a large though.  Even if the prices are reduced in 2.15 in a couple weeks, we still may not have enough.   

I am hoping the 30 million by mid-to-late February will be enough though.

I pledge 500k. I have already deposited 60k. I believe? Is there for you all to see who deposited? If not,then you can take mynword as a human being, because that's all I am. Or I could just pledge 500k from this point on.

Also, can I get a cool gamer tag thingy like everyone else on here?

-Zarganth

Added 1/10.  The first link in the OP goes to the more real-time donation tracker.  This page shows pledges for anticipated income and goal setting. -Rav

Updated....we are doing good but we need to keep pushing.  With a craft you should be able to make 20-50k per day at least.  If you need advice on what to sell, let me know.

I feel so bad that I fell behind. My college course have picked up this semester, so my focus has shifted. I still would like to keep my pledge of 500,000 and roll with it, but please don't hate me if I'm not on all the time ;)

Edited by bpipe

• 3 weeks later...

Updated.  We are getting there, but even if we call in all the gil that people are willing to give but haven't yet donated or pledged I think we are still short by 20-30 mil for a large.

We really don't need to be in too big of a hurry. The prices on houses still may be lowered in later patches, and all of the cool content that houses will have isn't in yet.

• 7 months later...